Steen at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Press Meet&Greet
|Birth name||Joakim With Steen|
|Born||26 June 1989|
|Associated acts||Aleksander Walmann|
Joakim With Steen (born 26 June 1989), better known as Jowst (usually stylised JOWST), is a Norwegian music producer and songwriter. He represented Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song "Grab the Moment", along with vocalist Aleksander Walmann finishing in 10th place.
Early life and career
Steen was born in Trondheim and raised in Tiller. At age 14, his family moved to Steinkjer. At the age of fifteen his main focus was guitar, punk, songwriting and band. After finishing his sound and music production education at the renowned Noroff Institute in Oslo, where he later also worked as a teacher and held lectures in the same field. At the same time he also worked as sound technician and producer for Earport Studios in Fornebu. Joakim started Red Line Studio where he has worked as a sound engineer and producer since 2011. With the project "Making a Hit" and the hit song "Grab the Moment" he is now focusing on his own music under the artist name JOWST, an acronym formed from the first letter of his names.
Steen and Norwegian singer Aleksander Walmann were confirmed to be taking part in Melodi Grand Prix 2017, Norway's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, on 7 February 2017. In the final, held on 11 March, JOWST and Walmann received the maximum 12 points from four of the eleven international juries in addition to winning the televote. They subsequently advanced to the gold final, where they won the competition. Norway competed in the second half of the second semi-final at the Eurovision Song Contest, and they managed to advance to the final. In the final, they placed 10th out of 26th.
Joakim is cohabiting with Rita Rybakova, and together they have a daughter Sofia born in 2017.
- As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Grab the Moment"||2017||6||73||24||56||Non-album singles|
(featuring Aleksander Walmann)
(with Kristian Kostov)
|"Roller Coaster Ride"
(with Manel Navarro and Maria Celin)
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released|
- Promotional singles
|"Thinking Through Thorough Thoughts"||2016||Non-album single|
|"Let Me Love You" (Jowst Remix)||2016||DJ Snake|
(featuring Justin Bieber)
|"We Are Dreamers" (Co-Producer)||2017||Frida Sundemo|
|"Night Train" (Jowst Remix)||CLMD|
|"Silvertongue" (Jowst Remix)||Young The Giant|
|"Keep On Falling" (Jowst Remix)||Manel Navarro|
|"My Turn" (Jowst Remix)||Martina Bárta|
|"Good Vibes" (JOWST and Ambros Remix)||2018||Nathan Trent|
Credited as Joakim With Steen, Joakim W Steen,
Joakim Steen, Jowst or Red Line Studio
|c. 18 other songs||2015-2017||TBA|
|"Forever or Never"||2018||Oda|
|"Brain vs Heart"||2019|
- Weaver, Jessica (11 March 2017). "Norway: JOWST Wins Melodi Grand Prix 2017!". esctoday.com. ESCToday. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Hovde, Kari (12 March 2017). "Trondhjemmer og MGP-vinner fikk hjelp på Facebook" (in Norwegian). Adresseavisen/ adressa.no.
- "Jowst på LinkedIn" (in Norwegian). LinkedIn. 12 March 2017.
- "JOWST Biography". Archived from the original on 2017-06-18. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- Her er MGP-artistene 2017
- Halpin, Chris (11 March 2017). "NORWAY: JOWST WINS MELODI GRAND PRIX 2017 WITH "GRAB THE MOMENT"". wiwibloggs.com. Wiwibloggs.
- Jordan, Paul (9 September 2016). "Kyiv to host Eurovision 2017!". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Jordan, Paul (21 January 2016). "Semi-Final Allocation Draw on Monday, pots revealed". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- – Ble nok litt «arrestert» av min egen tekst på låten
- "VG-lista – Jowst / Grab the Moment". VG-lista. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "austriancharts.at – Discographie JOWST". Hung Medien. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "dutchcharts.nl - Dutch Single Tip | 20 May 2017". Dutch Single Tip. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "swedishcharts.com – Discography JOWST". Hung Medien. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Burning Bridges - Single by Jowst & Kristian Kostov". iTunes. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "Roller Coaster Ride - Single by JOWST, Manel Navarro & Maria Celin". iTunes. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Thinking Through Thorough Thoughts" by JOWST on Spotify
- Good Vibes (Remix) with JOWST & Ambros - Single
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JOWST.|
- Official website (as artist)
- Official website (as producer)
- Official website (as blogger)
- JOWST on Facebook
- Jowst on SoundCloud
- Official Eurovision representation
| Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
(with Aleksander Walmann)
with "That's How You Write a Song"
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|