Jacqueline Faith Kucinich
November 10, 1981
Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
|Alma mater||American University|
Sandra Lee McCarthy
Jacqueline Faith "Jackie" Kucinich (born November 10, 1981) is an American reporter. She is currently Washington bureau chief for The Daily Beast. Since the 2016 presidential election, she has been serving as a CNN commentator. She is the daughter of Dennis Kucinich, the former mayor of Cleveland and Democratic congressman and two-time presidential candidate, and the niece of Gary Kucinich, former Cleveland City Councilman.
Early life and education
Kucinich was born in Columbus, Ohio, to Dennis Kucinich and Sandra Lee McCarthy. Her father was the former Cleveland mayor and former Democratic congressman, and is of Croat and Irish ancestry. Her mother was an English and broadcast journalism teacher. Her parents divorced in 1986.
Beginning in 2005, Kucinich became a reporter covering Congress for political newspaper The Hill. During her time at The Hill, she was reportedly accused of "beating up" on conservatives by some members of the House Republican caucus. Shortly thereafter, Kucinich was hired as a reporter for Roll Call, starting in 2008.
- "Jackie Kucinich". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- "CNN's Jackie Kucinich: In-Person Voter Fraud "Isn't A Thing, But That's Not Stopping Donald Trump ... From Spreading This"". Media Matters for America. 2016-10-17. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- Okamoto, Lynn (2003-09-07). "Kucinich's hard childhood a 'gift' yielding strength, compassion". The Des Moines Register. Archived from the original on 2004-02-09.
- Ryzik, Melena. "Recommend E-Mail Dennis J. Kucinich". Times Topics. The New York Times Company. Retrieved November 20, 2010.
- "Jackie Kucinich, Jared Allen - Weddings". The New York Times. 2011-10-23. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- Stacy, Dave (September 26, 2007). "Jackie Kucinich Having Trouble Getting the Interviews". cleveland.com. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- Jackie Kucinich Roll Call profile.
- "Book TV | Series | C-SPAN.org". Book TV. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "Jackie Kucinich Reporter — Washington, D.C." The Washington Post. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- Gold, Hadas (December 1, 2014). "Jackie Kucinich joining The Daily Beast". Politico. Retrieved 26 May 2017.