Jason Martin (baseball)
Martin with the Pirates in 2019
|Pittsburgh Pirates – No. 51|
|Born: September 5, 1995|
|April 6, 2019, for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
|MLB statistics |
(through June 23, 2019)
|Runs batted in||2|
Martin attended Orange Lutheran High School in Orange, California. He was drafted by the Houston Astros in the eighth round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed and spent 2013 with the Gulf Coast Astros where he batted .251 with 17 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 50 games. In 2014, he played for both the Greeneville Astros and Tri-City ValleyCats, slashing .257/.338/.384 with one home run and 23 RBIs in 63 total games between the two teams, and in 2015, he played with the Quad Cities River Bandits where he compiled a .270 batting average with eight home runs and 57 RBIs in 105 games. Martin spent 2016 with the Lancaster JetHawks and slashed .270/.357/.533 with 23 home runs and 75 RBIs in 110 games.
After the 2016 season, Martin played for the Glendale Desert Dogs of the Arizona Fall League. In 2017, he played for the Buies Creek Astros and Corpus Christi Hooks and batted .278 with 18 home runs, 66 RBIs, 35 doubles, and 16 stolen bases in 125 games.
On January 13, 2018, Martin was traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates (along with Joe Musgrove, Colin Moran and Michael Feliz) for Gerrit Cole. He began 2018 with the Altoona Curve and was promoted to the Indianapolis Indians in June. In 127 total games between the two teams, he slashed .274/.337/.429 with 13 home runs and 55 RBIs.
The Pirates added Martin to their 40-man roster after the season. On April 5, 2019, Martin was promoted to the major league roster for the first time. He made his major league debut on April 6, recording a single versus Tanner Roark in his first major league at bat.
- Steve Batterson firstname.lastname@example.org (June 3, 2015). "Martin growing into role in Bandits' outfield | Midwest League Baseball". qctimes.com. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "ValleyCats' Martin sets sights on big goals". Troyrecord.com. August 21, 2014. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "Jason Martin Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "Reports: Martin, Tucker will be promoted to Hooks". Caller.com. May 30, 2017. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- McTaggart, Brian (January 13, 2018). "Astros land Cole in 5-player deal with Pirates". mlb.com. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Jason Martin Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Dreker, John (November 20, 2018). "Pirates Add Mitch Keller, Cole Tucker, Jason Martin and JT Brubaker to 40-Man Roster". Pirates Prospects. Retrieved April 6, 2019.
- Wilborn, Nubyjas (April 5, 2019). "Pirates place Kyle Crick on IL, call up OF Jason Martin". Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Jason Martin on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|