Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde
Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge
|Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Assumed office |
26 April 2021
|Preceded by||Sylvestre Ilunga|
|Born||August 4, 1977|
|Political party||Future of Congo|
Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge (born 4 August 1977) is a Congolese politician from the former Katanga Province who was named as the Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on 15 February 2021. He was named the day of the tragic 2021 Congo River disaster. He announced his cabinet on 12 April 2021. He is a member of the Future of Congo party.
Before his nomination, he was the Director-General of Gécamines which is one of the largest mining companies in Africa, and the biggest in the Democratic Republic of Congo. He was appointed to this position by Tshisekedi in June 2019. Prior to this position, he was also deputy general administrator of the Congo National Railway Company, the SNCC.
Lukonde also served as one of the youngest Deputies at the National Assembly (Democratic Republic of the Congo), and minister of Sports and Youth during the Joseph Kabila Presidency.
- "DR Congo's Tshisekedi names new PM after power struggle". France 24. 2021-02-15. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- "DR Congo announces formation of new government". DW.COM. 2021-04-12. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- "RDC : Qui est le nouveau Premier Ministre Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge ? -" (in French). 2021-02-16. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- Press, Associated (2021-02-15). "Congo president names new prime minister, increases control". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- archyde (2021-02-15). "Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde appointed Prime Minister of the DRC". Archyde. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- AfricaNews (2021-02-15). "Tshisekedi names Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde new DRC prime minister". Africanews. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- archyde. "Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde appointed Prime Minister of the DRC". Retrieved 2021-04-30.
| Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo