Jeff Allen (offensive lineman)
Allen with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012
|Born:||January 8, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||306 lb (139 kg)|
|High school:||King (Chicago, Illinois)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jeff Allen (born January 8, 1990) is an former American football guard. He played college football for Illinois. Allen was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He has also played for the Houston Texans.
After graduating from Chicago's King High School, Allen attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign from 2008 to 2011. He started 47 games at both left and right tackle during his career. He was teammates with Xavier Fulton and Jon Asamoah.
2012 NFL Draft
Projected as a second round selection by Sports Illustrated, Allen was ranked as the No. 6 offensive guard available in the 2012 NFL Draft. He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round, 44th overall.
Kansas City Chiefs (first stint)
In his rookie season, Allen appeared in all 16 games, and became a starter at left guard by Week 4 against the San Diego Chargers.
On May 11, 2018, Allen was placed on the reserve/physically unable to perform list after dealing with concussions and ankle injuries. On July 13, 2018, Allen was released by the Texans after reaching an injury settlement.
Kansas City Chiefs (second stint)
On October 16, 2018, Allen signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Allen is married to Marrisa Holden, a former Illinois soccer player. They have one daughter and son together.
- "Jeff Allen". CNN.
- "View Draft by Positions". CNN.
- Thorman, Chris (April 27, 2012). "Chiefs Draft Picks 2012: KC Selects Illinois OT Jeff Allen At No. 44". ArrowheadPride.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Wilson, Aaron (March 9, 2016). "Texans report: Jeff Allen, Tony Bergstrom added to offensive line". Houston Chronicle.
- "Flurry of free agent moves made by Texans". HoustonTexans.com. March 10, 2016. Archived from the original on September 27, 2016. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Wilson, Aaron (May 11, 2018). "Texans place guard Jeff Allen on reserve PUP list". Chron.com.
- Wesseling, Chris (July 13, 2018). "Houston Texans release guard Jeff Allen from PUP list". NFL.com.
- Goldman, Charles. "Chiefs make Jeff Allen signing official, waive OG Abdul Beecham". ChiefsWire.USAToday.com. Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- "Former Chiefs, Texans Veteran Announces Retirement Following Super Bowl". Heavy.com. Retrieved November 22, 2020.