|Born:||July 13, 1944|
|As a coach:|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Jerry Sullivan (born July 13, 1944) is an American football coach who is an offensive assistant for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He's spent 25-years in the National Football League, 24 of them as a wide receivers coach. He also spent over 20-years as a college football coach.
Collegiate coaching career
His first coaching job was with Kansas state in 1971. From 1973 to 1974, Sullivan was an assistant coach with the Texas Tech Red Raiders under head coach Jim Carlen. Sullivan then became wide receivers coach at South Carolina from 1976 to 1982. In 1983, he spent a one-season as the Indiana Hoosiers wide receivers coach. From 1984 to 1990, Sullivan moved to LSU as the wide receivers coach and he was also the wide receivers coach at Ohio State in 1991.
In 2017, Sullivan returned to the college ranks as a football consultant at LSU primarily focusing on wide receivers. On January 11, 2018, he moved to a full-time role on the coaching staff as senior offensive assistant/passing game coordinator. On January 9, 2019, Sullivan announced his retirement.
Professional coaching career
In 1992, Sullivan moved to the professional coaching ranks with the NFL San Diego Chargers. He remained Chargers wide receivers coach until 1996. He then became the Detroit Lions wide receivers coach from 1997 to 2000. Starting in 2001, he was wide receivers coach with the Arizona Cardinals for two-seasons before being promoted to offensive coordinator for the 2003 NFL Season. Sullivan then became the Miami Dolphins wide receivers coach in 2004 and from 2005 to 2010 he was the San Francisco 49ers wide receivers coach. From 2012 to 2016, he was the Jacksonville Jaguars wide receivers coach.
- Root, Jess (August 12, 2019). "Report: Jerry Sullivan to remain on Cardinals coaching staff through season". cardswire.usatoday.com. Retrieved August 27, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Report: Jerry Sullivan Cardinals Bio". azcardinals.com. Retrieved August 27, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Clements, Ron (28 February 2017). "A longtime NFL receivers coach explains what teams want to see at the NFL Combine". The Sporting News. Retrieved 23 April 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2010 Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Media Guide" (PDF). Lubbock, Texas: Texas Tech University. p. 68. Retrieved 2011-07-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Veteran NFL and college receivers coach Jerry Sullivan hired as an LSU consultant". nola.com. Retrieved 2018-01-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'Age doesn't factor in': A close look at LSU football's rebuilt staff with addition of Jerry Sullivan". theadvocate.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jerry Sullivan, LSU passing game coordinator, retires from football". the advocate.com. Retrieved August 17, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2003 Arizona Cardinals Statistics & Players". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved 2018-01-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jerry Sullivan". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved 2018-01-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)