|No. 3 – CSKA Moscow|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|League||VTB United League|
|Born||January 28, 1994|
|Nationality||Russian / Congolese|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||231 lb (105 kg)|
|High school||Keller Central|
(Fort Worth, Texas)
|College||Weber State (2012–2016)|
|NBA draft||2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 52nd overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|2016–2017||→Salt Lake City Stars|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Joel Bolomboy (born January 28, 1994) is a Russian professional basketball player for CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League and the EuroLeague. He played college basketball for the Weber State Wildcats, where he was named Big Sky Conference Player of the Year in 2016. He was born in Ukraine but received Russian citizenship in 2018.
Early life and college career
Bolomboy was born in Donetsk, Ukraine to a Congolese father and a Russian mother of Tatar origin, went to high school at Keller Central High School in Fort Worth, Texas, and chose Weber State for college despite interest from larger schools such as Clemson, Auburn and Florida State. During his college career, Bolomboy became the all-time leading rebounder in Weber State and Big Sky Conference history.
While always a strong rebounder, Bolomboy increased his scoring average in the 2015–16 season, averaging 17.9 points per game to go along with 12.8 rebounds per game. Following the season, Bolomboy was named first-team All-Big Sky Conference, as well as the league's Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year.
Utah Jazz (2016–2017)
On June 23, 2016, Bolomboy was selected by the Utah Jazz with the 52nd pick in the 2016 NBA draft. On August 19, 2016, he signed with the Jazz. He made his NBA debut on October 30, 2016, recording three points, one rebound, one assist, one steal and one block in four minutes off the bench in an 88–75 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. During his rookie season, Bolomboy had multiple assignments with the Salt Lake City Stars, Utah's D-League affiliate. In 26 games with the Stars, he averaged 16.5 points and 13.3 rebounds per contest.
On October 16, 2017 Bolomboy was waived by the Jazz.
Milwaukee Bucks / Wisconsin Herd (2017–2018)
On October 20, 2017, Bolomboy signed a two-way contract with the Milwaukee Bucks via their NBA G League affiliate the Wisconsin Herd. Throughout the length of his deal, he would split his playing time between the Bucks and their G League affiliate. However, Bolomboy would be waived from the team on January 7, 2018, after signing Xavier Munford to a two-way contract of his own accord. On January 10, 2018, Bolomboy was reacquired by the Wisconsin Herd.
CSKA Moscow (2018–present)
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Joel Bolomboy got Russian citizenship". Eurohoops. November 13, 2018. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- "Игрок ЦСКА Джоэл Боломбой получил российское гражданство". Sports.ru (in Russian). November 13, 2018. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- Kragthorpe, Kurt (January 30, 2016). "Weber State's Joel Bolomboy positioned to break Big Sky rebounding record". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Hollis, Randy (January 27, 2016). "For Weber State's Bolomboy, who looks like an NBA prospect, rebounding is the name of the game". Deseret News. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Ashcraft, Jason (March 7, 2016). "Bolomboy Named Big Sky Men's Basketball MVP, Defensive Player Of The Year". Big Sky Conference. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Hollis, Randy (June 23, 2016). "NBA draft: Weber State's Joel Bolomboy selected by Utah Jazz in 2nd round". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- "Jazz Sign 2016 Draft Pick Joel Bolomboy". NBA.com. August 19, 2016. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- "Joel Bolomboy 2016-17 Game Log". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "2016-17 NBA Assignments". NBA.com. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Jazz Waive Joel Bolomboy". NBA.com. October 16, 2017. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
- "BUCKS SIGN JOEL BOLOMBOY TO A TWO-WAY CONTRACT". NBA.com. October 20, 2017. Retrieved October 21, 2017.
- "Herd Acquires Joel Bolomboy". NBA.com. January 10, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- "CSKA Moscow signs Joel Bolomboy to a three-year deal". Sportando. Archived from the original on August 8, 2018. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- "CSKA Moscow signs Joel Bolomboy to two-year contract extension". Sportando. March 2, 2020. Retrieved March 2, 2020.