John Gibbons (rower)
|Birth name||John Greville Gibbons|
|Born||19 June 1943|
Wellington, New Zealand
|Height||193 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
John Greville Gibbons (born 19 June 1943) is a New Zealand rower.
A few months later, Gibbons represented New Zealand at the 1968 Summer Olympics. He is listed as New Zealand Olympian athlete number 174 by the New Zealand Olympic Committee. In 1968, he was a student at the Victoria University of Wellington and while in Mexico at the Summer Olympics, he was awarded VUW Sportsman of the Year, which was presented to his father.
- "John Gibbons". International Rowing Federation. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "John Gibbons". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Ahearn, Louise (17 September 1968). "Top award to John Gibbons". Salient. 31 (23). Wellington.
- Lomas, David (29 March 2008). "The long wait". New Zealand Listener. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- "John Gibbons". New Zealand Olympic Committee. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rowing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|