John Harms (Nebraska politician)
|Member of the Nebraska Legislature|
from the 48th district
|Preceded by||Adrian Smith|
|Succeeded by||John Stinner|
|Born||February 17, 1940|
|Alma mater||Chadron State College|
John N. Harms (born February 17, 1940) is a politician from the U.S. state of Nebraska. He served two terms in the Nebraska Legislature from 2007 to 2015. Harms is a former president of Western Nebraska Community College.
Harms graduated from Morrill High School in 1958. He earned a bachelor's degree and a master of science degree in secondary education from Chadron State College and an Ed.D. in higher educational administration from Montana State University. He began his professional career as a high school teacher in Gering, Nebraska and served in a variety of educational positions culminating with the presidency of Western Nebraska Community College, a position he attained in 1976.
Harms ran unopposed for re-election to his legislative seat in 2010.
- Myers, Rick. "Scholothauer, Harms agree on most issues". Scottsbluff Star-Herald. 2006-10-10. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Member of the Legislature" (2006 results). Archived February 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine Nebraska Secretary of State. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Lawrence, Tom. "Voters have choices to make in primary". Scottsbluff Star-Herald. 2010-05-05. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Purvis, Jerry. "Stinner to run for Legislature". Gering Citizen. 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Official Report of the Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska: General Election, November 4, 2014" Archived January 8, 2015, at the Wayback Machine, p. 22. Nebraska Secretary of State. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- "Nebraska Unicameral Legislature". Sen. John N. Harms. Retrieved March 17, 2009.
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|