Jordan Baker (umpire)
Baker in 2014
|Born: December 23, 1981|
|June 22, 2012|
|Career highlights and awards|
Baker played college baseball at Oklahoma State. At 6' 7", Baker is the tallest active MLB umpire. Baker gained attention during the 2013 season for throwing wads of chewed gum onto the outfield grass after each half inning. Some critics described such action as disrespectful to the players and the ground crews.
Baker made his first postseason assignment in 2017, appearing in the 2017 National League Wild Card Game.
- "MLB Umpire Roster". CloseCallSports.com. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Jordan Baker". Retrosheet.org. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "UEFL Profile of MLB Umpire: Jordan Baker." Close Call Sports and the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. Retrieved March 1, 2014.
- Mitchell, Houston (June 6, 2013). "Umpire Jordan Baker gaining notice for gum-throwing habit". latimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- Dickey, Jack (June 5, 2013). "Weirdo Rookie Umpire Fills Left Field With His Chewed Gum". deadspin.com. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- Oz, Mike (June 5, 2013). "Umpire's odd gum-throwing ritual: a salute to the game or a disrespectful gesture?". Big League Stew. Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball umpire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|