Juanacatlán metro station
|STC rapid transit|
Station on September 2018
|Location||San Miguel Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo|
|Opened||20 November 1970|
Juanacatlán is a metro station on the Mexico City Metro. It is located in Mexico City's Miguel Hidalgo municipality in the San Miguel Chapultepec neighborhood, and lies on Line 1 of the Metro. In 2019 the station had an average ridership of 11,669 passengers per day, making it the least used station in Line 1.
Name and pictogram
When the station opened in 1970, it was originally named for the street that was in front of the station, Juanacatlán (the name of the street changed and it is now known as Alfonso Reyes, in honor of the Mexican writer, philosopher and diplomat).
The street was in turn named for Juanacatlán in the state of Jalisco. Xonacatlan, means "place of onions" (sometimes mistakenly read as meaning "place of butterflies") in Nahuatl. Therefore, the station's pictogram depicts a butterfly.
The station was opened on 11 April 1970.
The station's building also contains the offices of the Metro workers' trade union, the windows of which depict the front of a metro train. This station runs under Avenida Pedro Antonio de los Santos. It serves the San Miguel Chapultepec and Condesa districts.
|Annual passenger ridership|
|Year||Ridership||Average daily||Rank||% Change||Ref.|
- Northeast: Av. Pedro Antonio de los Santos, San Miguel Chapultepec
- East: Circuito Interior Maestro José Vasconcelos, San Miguel Chapultepec
- Southwest: Av. Pedro Antonio de los Santos, San Miguel Chapultepec
Entrance to the station on Circuito Interior Maestro José Vasconcelos
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2019" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- "Juanacatlán" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Juanacatlán » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2019" (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Alejo Santiago, Jesús (1 October 2017). "La Condesa, entre la memoria y el colapso". Milenio (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Hernandez, Daniel (31 October 2009). "Day of the Dead: Your New American Holiday « Mexico". Archived from the original on 8 October 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Hernandez, Daniel. "News Stories supporting "Celebrating the Dead" commentary". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Cierre temporal de estaciones" (PDF) (in Spanish). Metro CDMX. Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Hernández, Eduardo (13 June 2020). "Coronavirus. Este es el plan para reabrir estaciones del Metro, Metrobús y Tren ligero". El Universal (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 June 2020.
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Media related to Juanacatlán (station) at Wikimedia Commons