Justin Williams (baseball)
Williams batting for the Bowling Green Hot Rods in 2015
|St. Louis Cardinals – No. 67|
|Born: August 20, 1995|
|July 21, 2018, for the Tampa Bay Rays|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Runs batted in||0|
Justin Paul Williams (born August 20, 1995) is an American professional baseball outfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball (MLB). He has previously played for the Tampa Bay Rays.
Williams attended Terrebonne High School in Houma, Louisiana. He hit .443 with 22 home runs and 67 runs batted in (RBI) over 79 games. Williams was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the second round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Diamondbacks rather than play college baseball at Louisiana State University (LSU) and made his professional debut that season with Arizona League Diamondbacks. He also played with the Missoula Osprey and South Bend Silver Hawks that season. He hit .351 with one home run in 51 games. In 2014, he played for Missoula and South Bend. In 74 games he hit .351 with four home runs and 46 RBIs.
Tampa Bay Rays
On November 14, 2014, Williams along with Andrew Velazquez was traded from the Diamondbacks to the Tampa Bay Rays for Jeremy Hellickson. He spent 2015 with the Bowling Green Hot Rods and Charlotte Stone Crabs, compiling a combined .277 batting average with seven home runs and 48 RBIs in 122 games, and 2016 with Charlotte and the Montgomery Biscuits where he batted .295 with ten home runs and 59 RBIs in 90 total games. In 2017, Williams played for Montgomery where he slashed .301/.364/.489 with 14 home runs and 72 RBIs in 96 games.
St. Louis Cardinals
- "LSU signee Justin Williams remaining humble as Terrebonne career finishes, professional teams come calling". nola.com. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Arizona Diamondbacks select Terrebonne star Justin Williams in second round of MLB Draft". nola.com. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Local boy now a pro: Williams reflects on minor league season". The Times of Houma-Thibodaux. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Williams shines in Pioneer League season opener". HoumaToday.com. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "D-backs land Hellickson for two prospects". Tampa Bay Rays. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Justin Williams Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Chastain, Bill (January 20, 2016). "Brent Honeywell, Jake Bauers on Rays' roster | MLB.com". M.mlb.com. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "For starters: Rays vs. Marlins, with Justin Williams called up". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Chastain, Bill (July 31, 2018). "Rays get Pham from Cardinals". mlb.com. Retrieved July 31, 2018.