|Frequency||89.1 MHz (HD Radio)|
|Format||Public radio (news/talk and eclectic music)|
|Owner||Santa Monica Community College District|
First air date
Call sign meaning
|Disambiguation of parent station KCRW|
|HAAT||260 meters (850 ft)|
KCRU (89.1 FM) is a non-commercial educational FM radio station licensed to Oxnard, California. Owned by Santa Monica College, the station is a full-power repeater of KCRW in Santa Monica, California, airing a public radio format consisting of news/talk and eclectic music.
On August 20, 2010, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission issued KCRU licensee Santa Monica Community College District a violation notice regarding its failure to monitor the primary Emergency Alert System stations in KCRU's local area of Ventura County.
|City of license||ERP
|K272DI||102.3 FM||Fillmore, California||10 watts||FCC|
|K295AH||106.9 FM||Goleta, California||10 watts||FCC|
|K271AC||102.1 FM||Ojai, California||10 watts||FCC|
- "Station Search Details: KCRU". U.S. Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the U.S." (PDF). Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook. R.R. Bowker. 1997. p. B-53. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- "FCC Issues Violation Notices For EAS, Tower Troubles". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. August 25, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Official website (KCRW)
- KCRU in the FCC's FM station database
- KCRU on Radio-Locator
- KCRU in Nielsen Audio's FM station database
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|