Wallace in 2011
Kelly Jean Wallace
December 21, 1966
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
Early life, education, and personal life
Kelly Jean Wallace was born on December 21, 1966, in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York, where she graduated from Sheepshead Bay High School in 1983. She is a 1987 graduate from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business, which she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Economics, magna cum laude. She is married to Matt Saal, a television producer formerly from MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show, and currently works as an executive producer for Bloomberg Television. They have two daughters, and the oldest is Hattie, which the younger one is Lily. She lives in the Upper West Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City.
Wallace started her journalistic career at CNN in 1990, as a producer, then she worked at KRQE in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for three years before going back to New York City to work a year at Fox News. She went back to work at CNN circa 2000, remaining there until her departure to CBS News in 2007. Her next job was working for iVillage, as Chief Correspondent and Executive Director of Digital Video. She focuses much of her work on women's issues and the power of women. She has interviewed Michelle Obama for iVillage's new Guest Editor program along with interviews with Secretary Kathleen Sebelius of Health & Human Services, Alicia Keys, Jill Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Gabby Douglas, Bethenny Frankel, Michele Tafoya, Sue Herera, and Tamron Hall. Wallace frequently appeared on Today, MSNBC's Jansing & Co., Now with Alex Wagner and Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd. Prior, she worked at CBS, CNN, and Fox News Channel. She is now working at CNN.
Honors and awards
- Stelter, Brian (July 18, 2010). "Online, a Journalist Adds a Business Role". The New York TImes. Retrieved August 14, 2010.
- "About Kelly Wallace". iVillage. Archived from the original on March 6, 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Wallace, Kelly. "Profile". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Wallace, Kelly. "269: Kelly Wallace – Handling conflicting priorities". Working Motherhood. Retrieved November 9, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- TimeOut Editors (June 17, 2010). "Family portrait". TimeOut. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kelly Wallace.|