|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Fox Broadcasting Company, The Athletic|
Kenneth H. Rosenthal (born September 19, 1962) is an American sportswriter and reporter. He serves as a field reporter for Fox Major League Baseball and in-studio reporter for MLB Network. Since August 2017, he is a senior baseball writer for The Athletic.
Rosenthal was born in Queens, New York and grew up in Oyster Bay, New York and attended Oyster Bay High School. After serving as an intern covering sports for Newsday on Long Island, he began his career in 1984 at the York Daily Record. He moved on to the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill, New Jersey for two years before landing a full-time job with The Baltimore Sun, where he was named Maryland Sportswriter of the Year five times by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association during his tenure from 1987 to 2000. Rosenthal simultaneously contributed to Sports Illustrated from 1990 to 2000, providing weekly notes during baseball season. He then spent five years at The Sporting News before joining Fox Sports in 2005. He regularly wears a bow tie when appearing on Fox Sports telecasts in support of various charitable organizations. In 2015 and 2016, Rosenthal won the Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding Sports Reporter for his work with Fox Sports and MLB Network.
In June 2017, FoxSports.com eliminated its writing staff to focus only on video, leaving Rosenthal without an editorial home. He began posting stories on his Facebook page, before joining The Athletic in August 2017 as a senior baseball writer.
- Seip, Jim (October 25, 2009). "Fox baseball reporter Ken Rosenthal got his start in York". York Daily Record. Archived from the original on June 19, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "Ken Rosenthal". MLB.com. Major League Baseball. Archived from the original on 2018-05-27. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- Brophy, Aaron (October 23, 2015). "The Good Reason Why Ken Rosenthal Wears Those Bow Ties". Samaritanmag.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Rosenthal, Ken (March 29, 2011). "MLB on FOX ready to tie one on". FoxSports.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Bucholtz, Andrew (June 26, 2017). "Fox Sports eliminates digital writing staff in favor of promoting their debate shows". AwfulAnnouncing.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Koster, Kyle (July 3, 2017). "Ken Rosenthal Has Pivoted to Video, Hopes to Resume Writing Soon". The Big Lead. USA Today Sports. Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Traina, Jimmy (August 23, 2017). "Ken Rosenthal Joins The Athletic After Fox Sports Ditches Written Content". Sports Illustrated. Archived from the original on May 27, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- Rosenthal, Ken (August 23, 2017). "Ken Rosenthal: Why I'm joining The Athletic". The Athletic. Archived from the original on October 22, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.