Kevin M. Gilbride
Gilbride in 2018
|Born:||December 14, 1979|
|College:||University of Hawaii|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Michael Gilbride (born December 14, 1979) is an American football coach. He last served as the tight ends coach for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League after a successful run with the New York Football Giants in which he earned his first World Championship in XLVI. 
Born in Springfield, Massachusetts, Kevin M. Gilbride is the son of former New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Bernard Gilbride. Kevin M. graduated from Bishop Kenny High School in Jacksonville, Florida in 1998. He played football, baseball, and basketball in high school.
Gilbride enrolled in Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1998 and redshirted his freshman year. He played in BYU's spring 1999 game but transferred to the University of Hawaii. As a sophomore at Hawaii in 2000, Gilbride was a backup quarterback who played on special teams. Gilbride also played on the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors baseball team from 2000 to 2002 as an outfielder. Gilbride graduated from Hawaii in 2003 with a degree in communications.
In 2003, Gilbride enrolled at Syracuse University and worked as a video graduate assistant in 2003 then an offensive graduate assistant with the Syracuse Orange football team for the 2004 and 2005 seasons. In 2006, Gilbride was slot receiver and tight end coach at Georgetown. From 2007 to 2009, Gilbride was wide receivers coach at Temple.
New York Giants (2010–2017)
Kevin began his career as the Giants offensive quality control coach in 2010. He won a Super Bowl ring with the Giants when they defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI by a score of 21–17.
In 2014, he was reassigned to tight ends coach. In 2017, Gilbride was entrusted with the development of first round pick Evan Engram. Engram flourished in his first season with the Giants and led all NFL Rookie Tight Ends in nearly every major statistic including receptions, yards and touchdowns while showing improvement in blocking.
Chicago Bears (2018–2019)
On January 13, 2018, the Chicago Bears announced that Gilbride would join Matt Nagy's staff as tight ends coach. In Gilbride's first season, the Bears won the NFC North for the first time since 2010.
- "Kevin Gilbride". University of Hawaii Athletics. Archived from the original on February 10, 2001.
- "Kevin M. Gilbride". New York Giants. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Kevin Gilbride". University of Hawaii Athletics. Archived from the original on February 24, 2003.
- "NFL Player stats: Evan Engram (2017)". NFL.com. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Smith, Michael David (January 13, 2018). "Bears add Kevin Gilbride Jr. to coaching staff". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Chicago Bears Team Encyclopedia". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 17, 2019.