This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Khalifa City was subdivided into three areas: Khalifa City A, Khalifa City B, and New Khalifa City. They have since been renamed to Khalifa City, Shakhbout City, and Zayed City respectively. All of these are currently being developed into what will become three major new districts of Abu Dhabi.
Khalifa City A is on the main highway to Dubai, about 25 kilometres from Abu Dhabi, and is close to Abu Dhabi International Airport and Yas Island. Etihad Airways has its head office in Khalifa City A. Khalifa City A, which already has around 600-700 houses, will be adjacent to the prestigious Al Raha Beach project. This project will include residential and commercial units, as well as many international hotels. The project is being built by Aldar properties. Emirates ID have their HQ here.
Formerly known as Khalifa City B.
The new Zayed City is planned to be between Khalifa City and Shakhbout City. It is also known as the Capital District, and is planned to be the new city center of Abu Dhabi.
- Barnard, Lucy (1 April 2014). "Khalifa City is Abu Dhabi's most sought after rental neighbourhood | The National". The National. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Interview with Randall Ace Parker - an American living in Abu Dhabi". Expat Arrivals. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- "Our offices Archived 2013-02-13 at the Wayback Machine." Etihad Airways. Retrieved on 11 February 2010.
- ""Emirates ID" Inaugurates Headquarters at Khalifa City with Daily Capacity of 800 Customers - News - News & Reports - Media Centre - Emirates Identity Authority". www.id.gov.ae. 19 December 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
- Alphanso, Sarah (15 April 2011). "Area watch: Khalifa City A in Abu Dhabi". Gulf News. Retrieved 8 August 2016.
|This United Arab Emirates location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|