|Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan|
Stone wall of Honmaru Base
|Type||Mountaintop style castle|
|Owner||Akai clan, Akechi clan|
|Built by||Akamatsu Norisada|
|Events||Battle of Kuroi Castle|
|Akai Naomasa, Saitō Toshimitsu, Horio Yoshiharu|
In 1575, Oda Nobunaga`s vassal Akechi Mitsuhide attempted to seize the castle but failed due to Hatano Hideharu`s relief force arrived from Yakami Castle and attacked the backside of Akechi`s army.
In 1577, Kuroi Castle was attacked by Akechi Mitsuhide`s army again. This time the castle was isolated therefore Akai clan surrendered in 1579. After the fall of the castle Mituhide placed Saitō Toshimitsu as a castle commander. 
After the Battle of Yamazaki in 1582, Toyotomi Hideyoshi placed Horio Yoshiharu as a new castle commander. Kuroi castle is now only ruins, on the present day site, just some Stone walls and earthworks. The castle was listed as one of the Continued Top 100 Japanese Castles in 2017.
- "黒井城" (in Japanese). Tanba city official. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "黒井城" (in Japanese). 攻城団. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "黒井城" (in Japanese). 城旅. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "【続日本100名城・黒井城編】明智光秀を苦しめた「丹波の赤鬼」が守る山地の要塞" (in Japanese). 城びと. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "続日本100名城" (in Japanese). 日本城郭協会. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
|This castle-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|