Las Cascadas Water Park
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico 00604
|Owner||City of Aguadilla|
|Operating season||February through September|
Las Cascadas Water Park is a water park, in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. The park is one of the largest water parks in the Caribbean region. The park is owned and administered by Aguadilla's municipal government.
Las Cascadas opened its doors in 1985 as the only facility of its kind in the Caribbean. The park was built under the municipal administration of Alfredo Gonzalez. The park is now part of the Authority of Municipal Enterprises (AME) of Aguaddilla. AME also administers the Aguadilla Ice Skating Arena. The water park has been closed ever since hurricane Maria in 2017. In 2020 FEMA assigned over $917,000 in funds to repair the park.
List of rides
- Activity Pool (Piscina de Actividades) - An activity pool featuring slides and ziplines
- Aquatic Tunnel (Túnel Acuático) - Two-person or single tube slides in the dark
- Crazy River (Rio Loco) -
- Kiddie Pool (Piscina de Niños) - Children's play area
- Marine Serpent (Serpiente Marina) -
- Speed Slides (Chorreras Rapidas) - Two speedslides
- The Maze (El Laberinto) - Crazy experience that seems endless
- The Twister (El Torbellino) -
- Tropical Lazy River (Rio Tropical Pasivo) - Relaxing experience
- Wave Pool (Piscina de Olas) -
- "FEMA asigna miles para la reparación del parque acuático Las Cascadas". Primera Hora. Retrieved 2020-08-25.
- Official website (in Spanish)
|This article about a Puerto Rican building or structure related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|