|Full name||Lazar Samardžić|
|Date of birth||24 February 2002|
|Place of birth||Berlin, Germany|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2019–2020||Hertha BSC II||5||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:31, 3 October 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:10, 22 May 2020 (UTC)
Lazar Samardžić (Serbian Cyrillic: Лазар Самарџић, pronounced [lâzaːr sǎmaːrdʒitɕ]; born 24 February 2002) is a German football player who plays as a midfielder for RB Leipzig. Although a central midfielder, he can also play as a left winger.
Samardžić played for BSV Grün-Weiss Neukölln 1950 e.V. from 2008 to 2009 and joined Hertha BSC from October 9, 2009. Samardžić played for the U17 and U19 teams of Hertha BSC in the Under 17 and Under 19 Bundesliga, scoring 16 and 14 goals respectively. Samardžić won the bronze award of the Fritz Walter Medal in the U17 group.
Samardžić was announced to have signed a professional contract, and first appeared as an unused substitute for the professional team in a 3–3 away draw against Fortuna Düsseldorf on 28 February 2020.
Samardžić made his debut for Hertha BSC in the Bundesliga on 22 May 2020, coming on as a substitute for Per Ciljan Skjelbred in the 81st minute of the Berlin derby against Union Berlin, which finished as a 4–0 win. Samardzic is considered one of Germany's most talented prospects and he had attracted serious interest from elite clubs around the world, such as Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus.
Samardžić played for Berlin at the Under-15 level and Germany at the Under-17 and Under-19 levels. He first appeared internationally and played 2 matches in the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification against Belarus and Slovenia. He then played in all three matches of the group stage of the tournament, scoring once, but the team failed to progress to the knockout stage. For the U-19 level, he played in the 2020 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification, scoring twice.
- Lazar Samardžić at WorldFootball.net
- "Lazar Samardžić | Playerprofile | Bundesliga". bundesliga.com - the official Bundesliga website. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "U 17: Einst Amateurverein, mittlerweile Nationalspieler". DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V. (in German). Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- "Hertha BSC - HerthaBSC.de". www.herthabsc.de (in German). Retrieved 6 May 2020.
- "Germany - L. Samardžić - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- Quinn, Phillip (13 August 2019). "Fritz Walter Medals awarded to Germany's top youth players". Bavarian Football Works. Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- "Gold Fritz Walter medals for Kühn, Bühl and Adeyemi". DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V. (in German). Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- "A comeback on the Rhein - Teams - HerthaBSC.de". www.herthabsc.de (in German). Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "Wird dieses Hertha-Talent der neue Max Kruse? – Meldung". tekk.tv. 24 April 2020. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "Germany » Bundesliga 2019/2020 » 27. Round » Hertha BSC – 1. FC Union Berlin 4:0". WorldFootball.net. 22 May 2020. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "RB Leipzig sign Lazar Samardzic from Hertha Berlin". Bundesliga. 8 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- UEFA.com. "Germany-Belarus | Under-17". UEFA.com. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- UEFA.com. "Slovenia-Germany | Under-17". UEFA.com. Retrieved 12 May 2020.