Leo Shane III
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shane has covered Washington since 2004, focusing on military personnel and veterans policies.
In January 2017, HillVets named Shane of its 100 of 2016 in the media category.
- In 2009, Shane shared the George Polk Award for military reporting for coverage exposing the military's practice of profiling journalists in Afghanistan in an attempt to steer coverage of the war.
- In 2011, Shane was named a Kiplinger Fellow in public affairs journalism.
Other recent media appearances:
- In April 2016, Shane questioned Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald about VA care on C-SPAN's Newsmakers.
- In August 2016, he detailed the role of military and veterans' issues in the 2016 campaign on C-SPAN's Washington Journal.
- In October 2016, Shane spoke with CNBC about how the military was forcing troops to repay enlistment bonuses.
- In April 2017, Shane was on Newsmakers again, this time to interview VA Secretary David Shulkin.
- "Leo Shane III Author – Military Times". Military Times.
- Shane III, Leo (August 15, 2017). "Two months in, questions still surround Trump's promised hotline for vets' complaints". Military Times. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "Executive Committee". May 8, 2015.
- "Media 2016".
- "Stars and Stripes' stories on reporter profiling earn George Polk Award".
- "2011 Fellows". December 4, 2014.
- "Trump tempts backlash with attack on VA".
- "Newsmakers Secretary Robert McDonald, Apr 21 2016 - Video - C-SPAN.org". C-SPAN.org.
- "Washington Journal Leo Shane Military Veterans' Issues Campaign 2016, Aug 4 2016". C-SPAN.org.
- "U.S. soldiers forced to repay enlistment bonuses". CNBC.
- "Newsmakers Veterans' Affairs Secretary David Shulkin, Apr 13 2017 - C-SPAN.org". C-SPAN.org.