|Born||25 November 1994|
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
|Height||6 ft 2 in (189 cm)|
|Weight||14 st 11 lb (94 kg)|
|Position||Stand-off, Loose forward, Fullback, Centre|
As of 8 March 2020
Liam Sutcliffe (born 25 November 1994) is an English professional rugby league footballer who plays as a loose forward, stand-off, centre and fullback for the Leeds Rhinos in the Betfred Super League and England and the England Knights at international level.
Sutcliffe featured in the pre-season friendly against Wakefield Trinity in the annual Boxing Day Festive Challenge. Liam broke into the 1st team due to a long term injury to stand-off; Danny McGuire. He made his début against St. Helens, and went on to play in the playoffs due to more injuries towards the end of the season. In his début season he went on to make 18 appearances and scored 7 tries.
In his second season, he played 25 games and scored 10 tries and he also kicked 8 goals.
Sutcliffe featured in more games in 2015. He started games after captain Kevin Sinfield was injured and proved he could score and kick goals which kept Sinfield out of the starting 13. Unfortunate Sutcliffe had an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury which ruled him out for the remainder of the season which meant he missed the Challenge Cup Final and Grand Final. He played 15 games scoring 6 times and kicking 25 goals.
After Sinfield retired at the end of 2015 Sutcliffe was promoted to the starting 13 and was given the number 14 shirt. He also played in the World Club Series against North Queensland Cowboys.
In 2014 Sutcliffe was sent out on loan to the struggling Bradford Bulls on a one-month loan playing 4 games and scoring once before they were relegated.
- Rugby League Project
- "Leeds lift Challenge Cup after Ryan Hall's double stuns Castleford". Guardian. 23 August 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Castleford 6-24 Leeds: Grand Final 2017 – as it happened". Guardian. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- "Grand Final 2017: Castleford 6-24 Leeds Rhinos". BBC Sport. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Danny McGuire guides Leeds to Grand Final success over Castleford". Guardian. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Tom Johnstone marks debut with England hat-trick against France". Guardian. 17 October 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Papua New Guinea vs England Knights". WWOS. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2019.