Life (Thin Lizzy album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Live album by|
|Released||16 October 1983|
|Recorded||27 November 1981; 10–12 March 1983|
|Venue||Hammersmith Odeon, London, UK|
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock|
Warner Bros. (US only)
|Producer||Phil Lynott, Thin Lizzy|
|Thin Lizzy live albums chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||7/10|
Life (subtitled Live, and labelled Life:Live on the original vinyl LP editions) is a double live album by Irish rock band Thin Lizzy, released in 1983. This double album was recorded during their farewell tour in 1983, principally at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, UK. Phil Lynott had felt reluctantly that it was time to disband the group after the 1983 tour and to mark the occasion, former Thin Lizzy guitarists Eric Bell (1969–73), Brian Robertson (1974–78) and Gary Moore (1974, 1977 and 1978–79) joined the band on stage at the end of these gigs to do some numbers. This was called "The All-Star Jam".
The versions of "Renegade", "Hollywood" and "Killer on the Loose" featuring Snowy White had been performed two years earlier when he was still with the band. White's participation was only credited to "Renegade".
Lynott described the slower tempo version of "Don't Believe a Word" as being the original arrangement. A version of the song with the slower arrangement appears on Moore's Back on the Streets album from 1978, with Lynott on bass guitar and lead vocals and Brian Downey on drums.
During the performance of "The Rocker", all of the guitarists (except for White) played at the same time (Moore, John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Robertson and Bell), making a total of eight members on stage performing at once (including keyboard player Darren Wharton).
|1.||"Thunder and Lightning"||Brian Downey, Phil Lynott||5:10|
|2.||"Waiting for an Alibi"||Lynott||3:20|
|4.||"Baby Please Don't Go"||Lynott||5:00|
|5.||"The Holy War"||Lynott||5:57|
|6.||"Renegade"||Lynott, Snowy White||6:25|
|7.||"Hollywood (Down on Your Luck)"||Scott Gorham, Lynott||4:02|
|8.||"Got to Give It Up"||Lynott, Gorham||6:55|
|9.||"Angel of Death"||Lynott, Darren Wharton||6:06|
|10.||"Are You Ready"||Downey, Gorham, Lynott, Brian Robertson||2:56|
|1.||"The Boys Are Back in Town"||Lynott||4:48|
|2.||"Cold Sweat"||Lynott, John Sykes||3:10|
|3.||"Don't Believe a Word"||Lynott||5:10|
|4.||"Killer on the Loose"||Lynott||6:19|
|5.||"The Sun Goes Down"||Lynott, Wharton||5:02|
|6.||"Emerald"||Downey, Gorham, Lynott, Robertson||3:50|
|7.||"Black Rose"||Lynott, Gary Moore||6:50|
|8.||"Still in Love With You"||Lynott||8:50|
|9.||"The Rocker"||Eric Bell, Downey, Lynott||4:50|
- Thin Lizzy
- Phil Lynott – bass guitar, vocals
- Scott Gorham – guitars, backing vocals
- John Sykes – guitars, backing vocals (except on "Renegade", "Hollywood" and "Killer on the Loose")
- Brian Downey – drums, percussion
- Darren Wharton – keyboards, backing vocals
- Additional musicians
- Eric Bell – guitar on "The Rocker"
- Gary Moore – guitar on "Black Rose" and "The Rocker"
- Brian Robertson – guitar on "Emerald" and "The Rocker"
- Snowy White – guitar on "Renegade", "Hollywood" and "Killer on the Loose"
- Will Reid Dick – engineer, production assistance
|1983||Swedish Albums Chart||29|
|UK Albums Chart||29|
- Prato, Greg. "Thin Lizzy – Life review". AllMusic. Retrieved 13 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 355. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Thin Lizzy – Life (Album)". Swedishcharts.com. Media Control Charts. Retrieved 15 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Thin Lizzy Official Charts". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 15 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)