|Born||23 February 1993|
St. George's, Grenada
|University team||Texas A&M Aggies|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||Decathlon: 8539 |
Heptathlon ind.: 5976,College Station, USA
Lindon Victor (born 23 February 1993) is a Grenadian athlete who competes in the decathlon. In 2016, he scored 8446 points with nine personal bests at the Southeastern Conference Championship decathlon, breaking both the SEC record and the Grenadian National Record , the latter of which was set by his brother, Kurt Felix, at the 2015 IAAF World Championships. Victor was named 2016 SEC Field Athlete of the Year.
Victor qualified for and represented Grenada at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in the decathlon. He placed sixteenth with a score of 7998 points. Victor was the flag bearer for Grenada for the closing of the games. In that same year he was credited as having second best discus throw in decathlon history.
Lindon started his 2017 season with indoor events. He improved his personal best performances in the (indoor) 60 meter sprint, High Jump, Shot Put, Pole Vault and 1000 Meter run. He also set a personal best in the Heptathlon indoor with an overall score of 5976, this was 10 points shy of the national record held by Kurt Felix. On 29 March 2017, Lindon set the highest collegiate first day score in the decathlon with a total of 4,516 points in Texas Relays decathlon. On the next day Victor completed with a score of 8472. This was not only yet another National and OECS Record for Victor but it was also a new Collegiate Outdoor Decathlon Record, erasing the old mark of 8465 which was set by Trey Hardee in 2006. On May 11–12 Lindon remarked on the defense of his SEC Champions Decathlon title and was not only successful in the defense but bettered the National Record in the Pole Vault. He was also able to improve on his Collegiate record with a new mark of 8539 points. He was subsequently named the SEC Men's Field athlete of the year for the second year in a row.
The end of 2017 found Lindon being among the final 3 nominees for that year's Bowerman Award which is an annual track and field award that is the highest accolade given to the year's best student-athlete in American collegiate track and field. He eventually lost out to American Sprinter Christian Coleman.
On January 5, 2018 at the National Sports Awards, Lindon was named 2017 sportsman of the year.
Victor was competing at his second major international meet since graduating from Texas A&M, where he set an all-time collegiate record with 8,539 points and was a two-time NCAA Division 1 decathlon champion - Victor won the decathlon to earn a gold medal for Grenada scoring 8,303 points. On April 30, during Texas A&M Athletics' fifth-annual Building Champions Awards gala held in the Hall of Champions at Kyle Field. Athlete of the Year honor(male) was awarded to Lindon.
|100 m||10.56 s (wind: +1.1 m/s)||Götzis, Austria||25 May 2019|
|Long jump||7.43 m (wind: -0.3 m/s)||Götzis, Austria||25 May 2019|
|Shot put||16.52 m||Austin, Texas||29 Mar 2017|
|High jump||2.09 m||Austin, Texas||29 Mar 2017|
|400 m||48.24 s||Austin, Texas||29 Mar 2017|
|110 m hurdles||14.45 s (wind: +1.8 m/s)||Columbia, South Carolina||12 May 2017|
|Discus throw||55.87 m||Azusa, California||18 April 2019|
|Pole vault||4.90 m NR|| Montecito, California
|6 April 2019 |
7 August 2019
|Javelin throw||71.23 m||Emporia, Kansas||29 Mar 2014|
|1500 m||4:43.81 min||Eugene, Oregon||09 Jun 2016|
|Decathlon||8539 pts NR||Columbia, South Carolina||12 May 2017|
|60 m||6.94 s||Nashville, TN||24 Feb 2017|
|Long jump||7.38 m||College Station, TX||17 Feb 2018|
|Shot put||16.55 m||College Station, TX||10 Mar 2017|
|High jump||2.07 m||College Station, TX||10 Mar 2017|
|60 m hurdles||8.24 s||Fayetteville, AR||26 Feb 2016|
|Pole vault||4.76 m||College Station, TX||11 Mar 2017|
|1000 m||2:51.14 min||College Station, TX||11 Mar 2017|
|Heptathlon||5976 pts||College Station, TX||11 Mar 2017|
- "Lindon Victor smashes records, qualifies for Rio Olympic Games". GrenadaSports. 13 May 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- Victor Named SEC Field Athlete of the Year, KAGS-LD, 1 June 2016, retrieved 5 September 2016
- "Another Grenadian Athlete goes in the record books". May 14, 2016.
- "Rio closing ceremony flag bearers" (PDF). stillmed.olympic.org. 2016. Retrieved 2020-05-05.
- Lindon Victor at World Athletics
- firstname.lastname@example.org, RICHARD CROOME. "Aggie decathlete ready to compete at Olympics". The Eagle.
- "TFRRS | NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field Championships Track & Field Meet Results". www.tfrrs.org.
- "Lindon Victor scores first day collegiate best 4,516 points in Texas Relays decathlon". Texas A&M Athletics - Home of the 12th Man.
- "Texas A&M's Lindon Victor Breaks Collegiate Decathlon Record ::: USTFCCCA".
- "He Did It Again! Lindon Victor Betters Collegiate Decathlon Record ::: USTFCCCA".
- Price, TAMU Sports Information Department/Shawn. "Lindon Victor breaks his collegiate record to defend SEC decathlon title". www.kbtx.com.
- "SEC Outdoor honors for Lindon Victor, Jaevin Reed and Coach Pat Henry". Texas A&M Athletics - Home of the 12th Man.
- "Christian Coleman Wins The Bowerman In 2017 ::: The Bowerman: The Nation's Top Award for Collegiate Track & Field Athletes".
- "The Bowerman: What's At Stake In 2017 ::: The Bowerman: The Nation's Top Award for Collegiate Track & Field Athletes".
- "Bowerman men's award goes to Tennessee's Christian Coleman over Aggie pair". www.kbtx.com.
- Gold Coast 2018: Lindon Victor wins, Damian Warner's title defense ends in pole vault The Malta Independent April 10, 2018
- Result: Grenada's Lindon Victor wins decathlon gold Sports Mole news. April 10, 2018
- "Vidales Takes Home Distinguished Letterman's Award at 2018 BCAs". Texas A&M Athletics - Home of the 12th Man.
- Report, Eagle Staff. "Senior Tori Vidales wins Distinguished Letterman Award at Building Champions Awards". The Eagle.
- "Lindon Victor: Grenada's Most Recent Golden Boy". May 4, 2018.
- "OECS Championships – Complete Results". MileSplit BVI. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- 2017 World Championships in Athletics – Men's decathlon results IAAF
- GRENADA’S LINDON VICTOR WINS DECATHLON GOLD AT COMMONWEALTH GAMES Grenada broadcast. April 10, 2018
- "Victor Earns Silver Medal at Pan American Games". www.santabarbaratc.com/. Saint Barbara Track Club. 7 August 2019. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- Strong, Gregory (7 August 2019). "Warner defends title, LePage grabs bronze in Pan Am decathlon". www.cbc.ca/. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 4 May 2020.