List of Serbian neighborhoods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of historical and traditional city neighborhoods or quarters with a significant Serbian population.
This section needs expansion with: additional data with citations. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)
|Balkan Mile||Hernals, Vienna, Austria|
|Eller||Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany|
|East Side||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Irving Park||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Norwood Park||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Ridgewood ||Queens, New York City, NY, United States|
- The neighborhood was attacked in an Albanian Pogrom in 2004, burning several churches and buildings. Since then the Serb population has dropped dramatically.
- Serbs settled during the Ottoman-Austrian wars in the 17th century.
- After the sacking of Belgrade in the 16th century, Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent settled thousands of Serbs into the wooded area of Istanbul.
- Balkan Street, Zurich, Switzerland 
- Logan Square, Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Goodrich–Kirtland Park, Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Most Serbs lived in the area north of Superior Ave between East 20th and 40th streets. Hamilton and St.Clair avenues were particularly dense areas of Serbian settlement.
- "Introduction to Urban Geography" (PDF). University of Vienna. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "The Serbian Scene in Ottakring". Diepresse.com. Retrieved 2012-10-11.
- "Release of the 2006 Census on Language, Immigration, Citizenship, Mobility/Migration" (PDF). Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-23. Retrieved 2012-10-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Рaging against remaining Serbs in Prizren".
- Jacob Watson (2011-04-01). "Getting Back to Nature in Istanbul | BootsnAll Travel Articles". Bootsnall.com. Retrieved 2012-09-26.
- Gordan Bowker (2011-04-01). James Joyce: A New Biography. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "SERBS - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History". Bootsnall.com. 1997-07-22. Retrieved 2012-12-28.