List of cognitive–behavioral therapies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cognitive behavioral therapy encompasses many therapeutical approaches, techniques and systems.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy is a "third wave" cognitive behavior therapy, developed by Steven C. Hayes based in part on relational frame theory.
- Anxiety management training was developed by Suinn and Richardson (1971) for helping clients control their anxiety by the use of relaxation and other skills.
- Behavior therapy
- Behavioral activation is a behavioral approach to treating depression, developed by Neil Jacobson and others.
- Cognitive therapy was developed by Aaron Beck.
- Cognitive analytic therapy
- Cognitive behavioral analysis system of psychotherapy
- Cognitive emotional behavioral therapy
- Cognitive processing therapy for Post traumatic stress disorder
- Compassion focused therapy
- Computerised cognitive behavioral therapy
- Contingency management
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Direct therapeutic exposure
- Exposure and response prevention
- Exposure therapy
- Functional analytic psychotherapy
- Metacognitive therapy
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Multimodal therapy
- Problem-solving therapy
- Prolonged exposure therapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy, formerly called rational therapy and rational emotive therapy, was founded by Albert Ellis.
- Reality therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Schema therapy
- Self-control therapy
- Self-instructional training was developed by Donald Meichenbaum, influenced by the developmental psychology of Alexander Luria and Lev Vygotsky, designed to treat the mediational deficiencies of impulsive children.
- Stress inoculation training
- Systematic desensitization is an anxiety reduction technique, developed by Joseph Wolpe.
- Systematic rational restructuring was an attempt by Marvin Goldfried to reanalyze systematic desensitization in terms of cognitive mediation and coping skills.
- Dobson, Keith S.; Dozois, David J. A. (2008). "Historical and Philosophical Bases of the Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies". In Dobson, Keith S. (ed.). Handbook of cognitive-behavioral therapies (3rd ed.). New York: Guilford Press. pp. 3–39. ISBN 1-57230-601-7.
- Reason and Emotion in Psychotherapy, Ellis, 1962