List of sovereign states and dependent territories in North America
All of the states listed here are member states of the United Nations.
|Flag||English Short Name||English Long Name||Domestic Short Name(s)||Capital||Currency|
|Antigua and Barbuda[n 1]||Antigua and Barbuda||English: Antigua and Barbuda||St. John's||East Caribbean dollar|
|Bahamas, The[n 1]||Commonwealth of The Bahamas||English: Bahamas||Nassau||Bahamian dollar|
|Barbados[n 1]||Barbados||English: Barbados||Bridgetown||Barbadian dollar|
|Belize[n 1][n 2]||Belize||English: Belize||Belmopan||Belize dollar|
|Canada[n 3]||Canada||English: Canada
|Costa Rica[n 2]||Republic of Costa Rica||Spanish: Costa Rica||San José||Costa Rican colón|
|Cuba||Republic of Cuba||Spanish: Cuba||Havana||Cuban peso|
Cuban convertible peso
|Dominica[n 1]||Commonwealth of Dominica||English: Dominica||Roseau||East Caribbean dollar|
|Dominican Republic[n 2]||Dominican Republic||English: Dominican Republic
Spanish: República Dominicana
|Santo Domingo||Dominican peso|
|El Salvador[n 2]||Republic of El Salvador||English: El Salvador
Spanish: El Salvador
|San Salvador||United States dollar|
|Grenada[n 1]||Grenada||English: Grenada||St. George's||East Caribbean dollar|
|Guatemala[n 2]||Republic of Guatemala||Spanish: Guatemala||Guatemala City||Guatemalan quetzal|
|Haiti[n 1]||Republic of Haiti||French: Haïti||Port-au-Prince||Haitian gourde|
|Honduras[n 2]||Republic of Honduras||Spanish: Honduras||Tegucigalpa||Honduran lempira|
|Jamaica[n 1]||Jamaica||English: Jamaica||Kingston||Jamaican dollar|
|Mexico[n 3]||United Mexican States||Spanish: México||Mexico City||Mexican peso|
|Nicaragua[n 2]||Republic of Nicaragua||Spanish: Nicaragua||Managua||Nicaraguan córdoba|
|Panama[n 2]||Republic of Panama||English: Panama
|Panama City||Panamanian balboa|
United States dollar
|Saint Kitts and Nevis[n 1]||Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis
Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis
|English: Saint Kitts and Nevis||Basseterre||East Caribbean dollar|
|Saint Lucia[n 1]||Saint Lucia||English: Saint Lucia||Castries||East Caribbean dollar|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines[n 1]||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||English: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Kingstown||East Caribbean dollar|
|Trinidad and Tobago[n 1]||Republic of Trinidad and Tobago||English: Trinidad and Tobago||Port of Spain||Trinidad and Tobago dollar|
|United States[n 3]||United States of America||English: United States||Washington, D.C.||United States dollar|
This section contains areas that are not sovereign states but, also, are not integral parts of the sovereign states listed above. These include dependent territories and integral areas of primarily non-North American states.
Dependencies that are not internationally recognized, or not in effect, are listed in italics.
Integral parts of primarily non-North American states
Disputed territories that are not internationally recognized, or not in effect, are listed in italics:
|Flag||English short name||English long name||Domestic short name(s)||Capital||Currency||Legal status|
|N/A||Bajo Nuevo Bank[n 8]||Bajo Nuevo Bank||Spanish: Bajo Nuevo||N/A||N/A||Uninhabited, claimed by the United States as an unincorporated unorganized territory.|
Administered by Colombia, disputed by Jamaica and the United States.
|N/A||Serranilla Bank[n 8]||Serranilla Bank||Spanish: Bajo Serranilla||N/A||N/A||Uninhabited, claimed by the United States as an unincorporated unorganized territory.|
Administered by Colombia, disputed by Honduras, Jamaica and the United States.
- Flags of North America
- List of currencies in North America
- List of North American countries by GDP (nominal)
- List of North American countries by GDP (nominal) per capita
- List of North American countries by GDP (PPP)
- List of North American countries by GDP (PPP) per capita
- List of sovereign states and dependent territories in the Americas
- List of sovereign states and dependent territories in South America
- Member of the Caribbean Community. The Caribbean Community also includes Guyana and Suriname.
- Member of the Central American Integration System.
- Member of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Claimed by Haiti.
- Municipality of the Netherlands.
- Department of France.
- Part of Colombia.
- Certain U.S. government documents list these as unorganized, unincorporated territories of the United States. For the most part, however, they are under Colombian administration as an integral part of Colombia, part of the San Andrés and Providencia Department. They are also claimed by Jamaica, and in part by Honduras.