(El) Rosario (Lo Solís)
|Town and Commune|
View of Litueche, looking forward to its main square, on March 1, 2011.
|Coordinates (town): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||René Acuña Echeverría|
|• Total||618.8 km2 (238.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||269 m (883 ft)|
|Population (2012 Census)|
|• Density||9.9/km2 (26/sq mi)|
|• Urban 2002||2,479|
|• Rural 2002||3,047|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Area code(s)||(+56) 72|
|Website||Municipality of Litueche|
It is served by Litueche Airport.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Litueche spans an area of 618.8 km2 (239 sq mi) and has 5,526 inhabitants (2,932 men and 2,594 women). Of these, 2,479 (44.9%) lived in urban areas and 3,047 (55.1%) in rural areas. The population grew by 1.1% (60 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
As a commune, Litueche is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is René Acuña Echeverría.
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Litueche is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Ramón Barros (UDI) and Mr. Juan Carlos Latorre (PDC) as part of the 35th electoral district, (together with Placilla, Nancagua, Chépica, Santa Cruz, Lolol, Pumanque, Palmilla, Peralillo, Navidad, La Estrella, Pichilemu, Marchihue and Paredones). The commune is represented in the Senate by Andrés Chadwick Piñera (UDI) and Juan Pablo Letelier Morel (PS) as part of the 9th senatorial constituency (O'Higgins Region).
- "Municipality of Litueche" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- Codigo 6203, Litueche, Comisión Externa Revisora del Censo 2012 (August 2013). "Anexo 1. Población Reportada a Nivel Comunal" (PDF). Al Informe Final: Anexos (in Spanish). National Statistics Institute (INE). p. 41. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 December 2014.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Litueche