MSG Sphere Las Vegas
|Address||255 Sands Avenue|
|Public transit||Las Vegas Monorail, Sands Expo Station|
|Owner||The Madison Square Garden Company|
Las Vegas Sands Corporation
|Operator||The Madison Square Garden Company|
|Broke ground||September 2018|
Construction on the venue began in 2018 and will be complete by 2021. The venue is being built in partnership between The Madison Square Garden Company and Las Vegas Sands Corporation. The MSG Sphere will be located adjacent to The Venetian Las Vegas and just off the Las Vegas Strip. Once complete, the sphere-shaped venue will have a capacity of 18,000 and will feature LED screens inside and outside of the venue. An identical MSG Sphere will be built in London and will open sometime after the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas.
In November 2018, it was reported that the MSG Sphere would be built along with new bars, private suites, a museum and retail space.
The MSG Sphere will be equipped with 19,000 by 13,500 resolution LED screens which will spread across the interior of the venue. All 18,000 seats will have high speed internet access. The sound system will deliver sound through the floorboards. The exterior of the venue will feature a 360 degree IMAX display which will allow those who are outside of the venue to see what is going on inside.
New Monorail Station
- "Work begins on 18,000-seat MSG Sphere at The Venetian – Las Vegas Review-Journal". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "Populous to build spherical music venues in Vegas and London". Dezeen. 2018-02-14. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "LV Sands commits $75 million to MSG Sphere arena project". LasVegasSun.com. 2018-07-19. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "All you need to know about the planned MSG Sphere London". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
- MSG Sphere project calls for bars, museum, private suites, new Monorail stop
- The MSG Sphere: The Future of Live Concert Experiences
- Monorail station planned for MSG Sphere arena in Las Vegas
|This article about a sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|