Macedonia at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Macedonia at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Olympic Committee of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia|
|Competitors||4 in 2 sports|
|Flag bearer||Marko Blaževski (opening) |
Kristijan Efremov (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Yugoslavia (1920–1988)|
Independent Olympic Participants (1992)
Macedonia, under the name of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, held from 27 July to 12 August 2012. This was the nation's fifth consecutive appearance at the Summer Olympics in the post-Yugoslav era.
Four athletes were selected to the team by wild card places, without having qualified, competing only in athletics and swimming. This was also the nation's smallest delegation to be sent to the Games in the post-Yugoslav era. Marko Blaževski, medley swimmer and finance student at the Wingate University in North Carolina, was appointed by the Macedonian Olympic Committee to be the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony. For the first time in Olympic history, Macedonia did not qualify athletes in freestyle wrestling, slalom canoeing, and shooting.
Macedonia failed for the third consecutive time to win an Olympic medal.
- Note – Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Kristijan Efremov||400 m||47.92||7||Did not advance|
|Hristina Risteska||400 m||1:00.86||7||Did not advance|
Macedonia has selected one swimmer to qualify in the Olympic Games.
|Marko Blaževski||400 m individual medley||4:32.38||34||Did not advance|
|Simona Marinova||800 m freestyle||9:28.41||35||Did not advance|
- Staff (24 July 2012). "Monterey grad to carry flag for Macedonia in Olympics opening ceremony". Silicon Valley Mercury News. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Wingate University swimmer to compete in Olympics Archived 2012-07-29 at the Wayback Machine
|This 2012 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|