Maiden Erlegh School
|Maiden Erlegh School|
|Motto||Qui Veut Peut (Traditional); Opportunity, Diversity and Success for All (modern)|
|Department for Education URN||136637 Tables|
|Head teacher||Mr Paul Gibson|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Houses||Bolt, Attenborough, Curie, Wilde, Roddick, Yousafzai|
It was established in 1962 as a Comprehensive school secondary school to serve the families of Wokingham. Today it is the lead school of Maiden Erlegh Trust, having converted to an academy in 2011. It has capacity for 1,788 students but currently has 1,824 students on roll, over 400 of whom are in its sixth form.
At the school's last Ofsted inspection (February 2020), it was named 'Outstanding' in all categories. Maiden Erlegh School is one of the highest ranked mixed comprehensive schools in the country.
In April 2010 Maiden Erlegh celebrated 25 years of German Exchanges with Gymnasium Schloss Overhagen.
Maiden Erlegh School collaborates with local artists through its Community Arts programme, and hosts the Peacock Gallery which hosts regular exhibitions.
Maiden Erlegh School was ranked as the best non-selective school in Berkshire in The Real Schools Guide 2019.
Notable former pupils
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Sangeeta Bhabra, presenter of ITV Meridian Tonight 
- Melvin Burgess, author of novels like The Cry of the Wolf
- Stuart Price, music producer and songwriter
- Michael Sprott, former British, Commonwealth and European Union heavyweight champion boxer
- Matthew Syed, a former table tennis Commonwealth champion and author 
- Rosella Ayane, professional footballer who as of 2020 plays for Tottenham Hotspur and former England U19 international 
- Tom McIntyre, professional footballer for Reading FC and Scotland U21 international.
- Tom Holmes, professional footballer for Reading FC.
- Welcome to Maiden Erlegh School
- "Maiden Erlegh Trust". Maiden Erlegh Trust. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- Maiden Erlegh School: Ofsted
- Record Examination Results at A Level and GCSE
- Maiden Erlegh Celebrates 25 years of German Exchanges
- Community Arts