There is a Malaysia Norway Business Council to provide a forum for discussion and exchanging views on business conditions, both domestic and international for Malaysian and Norwegian firms. Both Norway and Malaysia are oil-producing nations and the petroleum industry has been the most important pillar in their bilateral relationship. Both countries also co-operate in agricultural trade. Currently, there are fifty Norwegian companies operating in Malaysia. In 2006, the exports to Malaysia worth around RM150 million, while imports from Malaysia were worth around RM338.7 million. The trade increase significantly and by 2017, Malaysian exports to Norway value of kr2.35 billion (RM1.25 billion) while Norwegian exports to Malaysia were worth kr1.65 billion (RM879.7 million). In the same year, around 50 Norwegian companies had their presence in Malaysia. Norway also in the process to establishing a free trade agreement with Malaysia through the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Norway also provides Malaysia with military equipment and defence services.
- "The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur". Norway. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Home". Malaysia Norway Business Council. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Official visit to Malaysia: Opening of business seminar". The Royal House of Norway. 9 March 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Young royals in Malaysia". News in English.no. 9 March 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Malaysia and Norway sign aquaculture agreement". Bernama. Panorama Acuicola. 31 December 2013. Archived from the original on 30 December 2013.
- "Jotun Is The Best In Promoting Bi-lateral Businesses Relations Between Norway And Malaysia". Press Release Distribution. 30 October 2007. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "More Norwegian firms to invest in Malaysia, says envoy". Bernama. The Star. 17 October 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Norway optimistic of establishing FTA with Malaysia". Bernama. The Sun. 27 April 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- Nik Imran Abdullah (6 November 2012). "France, Norway offer to sell arms MOVE TO ENHANCE TRADE RELATIONS: Nations keen to provide Malaysia with jet-fighters, copters and missiles". New Straits Times. Archived from the original on 29 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- Building Modern States: Industrialization in Norway and Malaysia Leighton Vivian, La Trobe University, May 2008
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|