|None||Palestinian Embassy, Kuala Lumpur|
|None||Ambassador Anwar H. Al Agha|
Malaysia–Palestine relations (Malay: Hubungan Malaysia–Palestin; Jawi: هوبوڠن مليسيا–ڤلسطين; Arabic: العلاقات الماليزية الفلسطينية alealaqat almaliziat alfilastinia) refers to bilateral foreign relations between the two countries, Malaysia and Palestine.
The relations between Malaysia and Palestine are strong brotherly relations. In 2012, there were approximately 3,000–5,000 Palestinian students in Malaysia, with many Palestinians also choosing Malaysia as a country for temporary refuge. With respect to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories, Malaysia has strongly stood up for the rights and freedoms of the Palestinians and has supported the struggles of the Palestinians. Malaysia also currently refuses to recognise the State of Israel until a peace agreement is reached to realise the two-state solution.
Assassination of Fadi Mohammad al-Batsh in Malaysia
On 21 April 2018, the Palestinian engineer, lecturer, and Hamas member Fadi Mohammad al-Batsh was gunned down by two men on a motorbike while heading to a mosque for dawn prayers. According to Israeli media, al-Batsch was an expert on rocket and drone accuracy, who had recently published material on drone development and transmitters for controlling drones. In response, Hamas issued a statement identifying al-Batsh as one of their own and blamed his death on the "hand of treachery." His relatives have blamed Israel for assassinating al-Batsch. The Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister Dato' Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has announced that the Malaysian Government would investigate the possibility that foreign agents were involved in his killing. Zahid described the assailants as two European or Middle Eastern men who were riding a powerful BMW 1100cc motorbike. Israel has so far denied involvement in al-Batsh's assassination.
- "Official Website of State of Palestine in Malaysia". Embassy of the State of Palestine. Archived from the original on 11 May 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Joseph Kaos Jr (7 August 2012). "Palestinian group seeks more aid from Malaysia". AsiaOne. Archived from the original on 12 December 2017. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Palestinians pick Malaysia to look for refuge". New Straits Times. 28 July 2012. Archived from the original on 28 July 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Palestinian Student Feels At Home Celebrating Ramadan In Malaysia". Astro Awani. Malaysian Digest. 14 June 2016. Archived from the original on 15 June 2016. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Malaysia Furthers Efforts to Support Palestine". theCHOICE.my. 19 June 2012. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Implement two-state solution, says Anifah". New Straits Times. PressReader. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "Murdered Palestinian engineer was 'senior member' of Hamas". The Guardian. Associated Press. 21 April 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Hamas rocket engineer killed in Malaysia; family blames Israel". The Times of Israel. 21 April 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Malaysia releases sketches of suspects in Fadi al-Batsh killing". Al Jazeera English. 24 April 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Fadi al-Batsh killing: Israel dismisses involvement". BBC News. 22 April 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|