Malaysia–Uzbekistan relations refers to a foreign relations between the two countries, Malaysia and Uzbekistan. Malaysia has an embassy in Tashkent, and Uzbekistan has an embassy in Ampang, Selangor. Both countries maintain good relations.
Bilateral diplomatic relations were established in 1992 with Malaysia opened its embassy in Tashkent in 1993. Since 1992, the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov has made several visits to Southeast Asian countries such as Malaysia and Indonesia which were part of his longest trip abroad.
Both countries are developing ties in the areas of economic and investment co-operation, oil and gas, education and tourism. Many Malaysian investors also has started doing business in Uzbekistan. In 2012, following the 20 years friendship relations between both countries, a Malaysian and Uzbekistan Friendship Association (MAUFA) has been establish. The association also establish a joint projects in the field of educational tourism, photo-tourism, students exchange, mass-media and ICT. In 2011, many of the joint projects operates in Uzbekistan, particularly in the oil and gas industry, manufacture of textiles, furniture and electrical products. Uzbekistan is also keen to learn from Malaysia on the tourism industry.
- Uzbekistan, Malaysia Mark 20th Anniversary Of Diplomatic Relations
- Strengthening relations between Malaysia and Uzbekistan
- "Embassy of Malaysia, Tashkent". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Embassy Of The Republic Of Uzbekistan In Malaysia". Uzbekistan Embassy. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- George Ginsburgs; Alvin Z. Rubinstein; Oles M. Smolansky (1 January 1993). Russia and America: From Rivalry to Reconciliation. M.E. Sharpe. pp. 148–. ISBN 978-0-7656-3946-2.
- "Interview of Ambassador of Malaysia to Uzbekistan". The Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- S. Frederick Starr (1 January 1994). The Legacy of History in Russia and the New States of Eurasia. M.E. Sharpe. pp. 224–. ISBN 978-0-7656-1398-1.
- "Malaysia, Uzbekistan association to boost ties". New Straits Times. 22 March 2012. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "DELEGATION OF "MALAYSIA-UZBEKISTAN" FRIENDSHIP ASSOCIATION LED BY ITS CHAIRMAN ABDUL HALIM HAJI AHMAD VISITED TASHKENT". National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan. 23 October 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- D. Azizov (7 September 2011). "Uzbekistan, Malaysia mull bilateral relations". Trend. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Uzbekistan To Learn From Malaysia On Drawing More Tourists". 12news.uz. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|