Manado State University
Universitas Negeri Manado
|Established||September 22, 1955|
|Rector||Julyeta P. A. Runtuwene|
Manado State University (UNIMA) is a public university in North Sulawesi on a hill in Tonsaru Tataaran Tondano, Indonesia. The university was established on September 22, 1955. It is led by Julyeta P. A Runtuwene.
UNIMA derived from the Higher Education Teacher Education (abbreviated PTPG in Bahasa Indonesian) — one of four PTPG first established in Indonesia: PTPG Batusangkar, PTPG Malang, Bandung PTPG, PTPG Tondano, based on the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture.
PTPG Tondano underwent several changes: at first the Guidance and Counseling University of Hasanuddin Makassar, then turned into FKIP Unhas Tondano in Manado, FKIP Sulteng (Sulawesi Tengah), IKIP Branch Yogyakarta at Manado, and the latter being a stand-alone IKIP based PTIP Decree No. 38 dated March 8, 1965.
On 13 September 2000, IKIP converted to Manado Manado State University and was inaugurated by the Minister of National Education Republic of Indonesia Yahya Muhaimin on October 14, 2000.
The university has seven faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering (FT) http://ft.unima.ac.id/
- Faculty of Economics (FE) http://fe.unima.ac.id/
- Faculty of Social Sciences (FIS) http://fis.unima.ac.id/
- Faculty of Education (FIP) http://fip.unima.ac.id
- Faculty of Languages and Arts (FBS) http://fbs.unima.ac.id/
- Faculty of Sport Sciences (FIK) http://fik.unima.ac.id/
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMIPA) http://fmipa.unima.ac.id/
- (in Indonesian) University website
|This Indonesia university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|