|NRHP reference No.||13000899|
|Added to NRHP||December 11, 2013|
Marabanong is a historic mansion in Jacksonville, Florida. It was built in 1876 on the site of Perley Place, the antebellum mansion purchased in 1870 by British astronomer Thomas Basnett that was originally built by Thomas Perley and destroyed in a fire. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 2013. It is located at 4749 River Point Road. Eliza Wilbur was active at the home.
Basnett (born 1808 - died 1886) was a prominent British astronomer and meteorologist. Basnett moved from England to Illinois in 1835 and ran a drugstore. In 1876 he constructed Marabonong on a promontory above the St. Johns River near Jacksonville, Florida. He married Eliza Wilbur in his third marriage.
- Weekly List Of Actions Taken On Properties: 12/09/13 Through 12/13/13
- Neighborhoods: Empire Point May 1, 2013 Metro Jacksonville
- 3 amazing alarming or transforming scientists from Jacksonville May 20, 2013 Metro Jacksonville
- Empire Point mansion has long history of strong Trout women by Leni Bessette and Louise Stanton Warren October 8, 2005 Florida Times-Union
- Speakers Old Arlington Incorporated