Mark B. Templeton
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mark B. Templeton
|Alma mater||North Carolina State University|
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
|Known for||Former President and CEO of Citrix Systems|
Early life and education
Templeton joined Citrix in 1995 as vice president of marketing, prior to the company's initial public offering. He was appointed president in 1998 and chief executive officer in 2001. Templeton left Citrix in 2015. By that time, the company's annual revenue had grown to $3.2 billion.
In his visit to Citrix SaaS division offices in February 2014, Templeton declared his highest aspiration was to be a moral corporate leader, and he received a standing ovation. Two weeks later the branch cut its workforce by 10%.
On July 1, 2018 Templeton joined DigitalOcean as CEO replacing co-founder Ben Uretsky. On May 8, 2019, DigitalOcean announced that Mark Templeton was stepping back from his role as CEO due to personal health issue.
Templeton contributed the maximum allowed by law to Jeb Bush's 2016 Presidential Campaign. In the past he has contributed to the Republican National Committee, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Tim Mahoney, and Ron Klein.
- "Citrix Appoints Board Member Robert Calderoni as Interim President and CEO".
- Ranii, David (22 October 2015). "Citrix results exceed expectations; company names interim CEO". The News & Observer.
- "Instart Logic Names Former Citrix CEO Mark Templeton as Chairman". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Clark, Don (28 July 2015). "Citrix Systems CEO Mark Templeton to Retire". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- Novet, Jordan (2018-06-20). "DigitalOcean new CEO: Former Citrix chief Mark Templeton". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Hoffrman, Lyz. "Citrix laying off 65 employees". SB Independent. Archived from the original on 2015-09-30. Retrieved 2015-09-29. March 12, 2014
- "Corporate Leadership". Equifax. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Equifax adds Mark Templeton to the board". Finextra Research. 2008-02-11. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "Equifax adds L Brands data scientist to its reshaped board of directors". www.bizjournals.com. 22 February 2019. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "DigitalOcean Appoints Mark Templeton as Chief Executive Officer". 20 June 2018.
- Noto, Anthony. "DigitalOcean taps Citrix Systems vet to be new CEO". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- "Mark Templeton stepping back as DigitalOcean CEO". 8 May 2019.
- "Search Campaign Finance Data by Individual Contributor". www.fec.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "FEC FORM 3X - Transaction ID 2010M04L11AI20399" (PDF). FEC Itemized Receipts Disclosures. United States Federal Election Commission. 2010-03-25. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- "FEC - Schedule A-P Itemized Receipts 201510159003081219". FEC. United States Federal Election Commission. Retrieved 2015-10-23.
- "FEC Disclosure Report Search Results". docquery.fec.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "PAGE BY PAGE REPORT DISPLAY FOR 26020910001 (Page 340 of 3609)". docquery.fec.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "Donor Lookup: Find Individual and Soft Money Contributors | OpenSecrets". www.opensecrets.org. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|