|Education||Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Massachusetts–Amherst|
Melkonian's book My Brother's Road: An American's Fateful Journey to Armenia, details the life of his brother, Monte Melkonian, and his role in the struggle for Armenian independence in the 1990s. My Brother's Road was published by I.B. Tauris in 2005 (revised paperback 2008). Translations in Italian, Armenian, Russian, and French are forthcoming.
Markar Melkonian's books include
- Melkonian, Markar (1996). Marxism: A Post-Cold War Primer. Boulder: Westview Press. ISBN 978-0756763718.
- Melkonian, Markar (1999). Richard Rorty's Politics: Liberalism at the End of the American Century. Amherst, N.Y.: Humanity Books. ISBN 9781573927253. OCLC 41649687.
- Melkonian, Markar (2005). My Brother's Road: An American's Fateful Journey to Armenia. Gpranyan-Melkʻonyan, Seda. London: I.B. Tauris. ISBN 9781850436355. OCLC 56805609.
- Melkonian (2005), My Brother's Road
- Amirkhanian, Angela (December 13, 2009). "A Commander, A Hero, A Brother: Chronicling the Plight of UC Berkeley Alumnus, Monte Melkonian". The Armenian Chronicles. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- ""My Brother's Road" Serves as Conduit for Dialogue". The Armenian Reporter. April 2, 2005. Archived from the original on November 2, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2010.