Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||In Pursuit of Knowledge and Excellence|
|Type||Public State University|
|Established||7th August 2001|
|Budget||₹707 crore (US$99 million) (2020 - 2021) |
|Chancellor||Jagdeep Dhankhar (Governor of West Bengal)|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU, AICTE|
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT,WB), formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), is a public state university located beside National Highway at Haringhata, Nadia, West Bengal, India. Founded in 2001 and funded initially by the Government of West Bengal, MAKAUT, WB provide degrees in Engineering, Management, Pharmacy and other professional areas through affiliated institutions and in-house departments. In 2019, new certification and diploma courses on Archaeology were launched.
An expert committee setup on 31 December 1998 by the Government of West Bengal, under the Chairmanship of Ashesh Prosad Mitra for establishing a university of engineering and technology in the state of West-Bengal.
The university was formalized on 15 January 2001 and the first Vice Chancellor was appointed according to "The West Bengal University of Technology Act", 2001, under West Bengal Act XV of 2000 passed by the West Bengal Legislature.
The academic program of the University, started from 16 July 2001 following a Notification from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal dated 15 June 2001 through the affiliation of Engineering and Management Institutions / Colleges and has entered the eighth year of its functioning. The University is included in Section 2F and also in Section 12B of UGC and recipient of UGC Grant.
The renaming of the university from West Bengal University of Technology to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal was in April 2015 led to agitation in the student community and across the colleges affiliated to the university
The University, which began operating from the West Bengal State Archives Building was located at 43 Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700017, India is currently located at Haringhata, Nadia (from 2018 onwards), India with area of 40 acres. It has accommodation for both boys and girls,a large playing ground, a central library and it is stated to launch many other facilities for students.
The University has a permanent main campus of approximately 40 acres of land at Haringhata, provided by the Government of West Bengal. Hostels have been built to accommodate both boys and girls students.
Organisation and administration
Schools and departments
The university has 25 departments and centers in seven schools:
- School of Biological Science
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Bio-informatics
- School of Computational Science
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Centre for Geo informatics and Spatial Sciences
- School of Engineering Science
- Department of Media Science
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- Department of Microelectronics and VLSI Technology
- School of Energy and Environmental Science
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Renewable Energy
- School of Management & Science
- Department of Management
- Department of Hospital Management
- Department of Travel and Tourism
- School of Natural and Applied Science
- Department of Applied Science
- Department of Forensic Science
- Department of Materials Science and Technology
- School of Food, Pharmaceutical and Medical Science & Technology
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
- Army Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology
- B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology
- Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering
- Bengal College of Engineering and Technology
- Bengal Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat
- Coochbehar Government Engineering College, Coochbehar
- Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
- Future Institute of Engineering and Management
- Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering & Technology
- Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology Serampore
- Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore
- Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology
- Greater Kolkata College of Engineering and Management
- Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
- Kalyani Government Engineering College
- National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research, Kolkata
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College
- Purulia Government Engineering College
- RCC Institute of Information Technology
- Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology, Guptipara
- St. Thomas' College of Engineering and Technology
- Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions
- NSHM Knowledge Campus
- Eminent College of Pharmaceutical Technology
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
Exams are conducted twice a year for all affiliated colleges. Odd semester exam is conducted during December and January. Results for odd sem are usually published in February. Even semester exams are conducted during May/June. Results for even sem are published in July.
- List of universities in West Bengal
- List of educational institutions in West Bengal
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- Narula Institute of Technology
- "Affiliated Colleges of West Bengal University of Technology".
- Indiablooms. "MAKAUT launches new certification and diploma courses on Archaeology | Indiablooms - First Portal on Digital News Management". Indiablooms.com. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) - About Us". makautwb.ac.in. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- "West Bengal Act XV of 2000" (PDF).
- Today, Kolkata. "State to name WBUT after Maulana Abul Kalam Azad". kolkatatoday.com. kolkatatoday.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2015. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) - About Us". https://makautwb.ac.in. Retrieved 11 July 2018. External link in
- "Depts & Schools". wbut.ac.in. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) - Depts & Schools. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) - Affiliated College Links of MA KA UT,WB". wbut.ac.in. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Accreditations". West Bengal University of Technology.
- "Accreditation". National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "wbut result".
- "makaut result". makaut.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.|