Sevilla metro station (Mexico City)
|STC rapid transit|
Station platform as of May 2018
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||4 September 1969|
Sevilla is a station on Line 1 the Mexico City Metro. It is located in the Cuauhtémoc borough in the centre of Mexico City, on Avenida Chapultepec and Sevilla street. It serves colonias Roma and Juárez.
The station logo depicts an aqueduct. This is because above the station are the remains of a colonial era aqueduct, built in 1779, that ran between Chapultepec and Salto del Agua fountain. It had 904 arches and a total length of some 3.7 kilometres (2.3 mi). The station is named for the Province of Seville in Spain.
Metro Sevilla was opened on 5 September 1969. The station is located near some interesting points of the city, such as the elegant tree-lined boulevard that is Paseo de la Reforma, the U.S. embassy, the Zona Rosa shopping and entertainment district, and the Torre Mayor, one of Latin America's tallest buildings.
- Chapultepec aqueduct
- Diana the Huntress Fountain, monumental fountain of Diana located at Paseo de la Reforma.
- Angel of Independence, victory column on a roundabout on the major thoroughfare of Paseo de la Reforma.
- Zona Rosa, neighborhood known for its shopping, nightlife, gay community and Korean community.
- Northeast: Avenida Chapultepec, Colonia Juárez
- Northwest: Avenida Chapultepec, Colonia Juárez
- South: Avenida Chapultepec, Colonia Roma Norte
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Sevilla" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Sevilla » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Media related to Sevilla (station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This Mexico metro station article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|