Michigan Democratic Party
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Governor of Michigan||Gretchen Whitmer|
|Lieutenant Governor of Michigan||Garlin Gilchrist|
|Senate Leader||Jim Ananich|
|House Leader||Christine Greig|
|National affiliation||Democratic Party|
|Michigan House of Representatives|
52 / 110
16 / 38
|Statewide Executive Offices|
4 / 4
|U.S. House of Representatives|
7 / 14
2 / 2
The Michigan Democratic Party is the affiliate of the Democratic Party in the state of Michigan. It is based in Lansing. Lavora Barnes is the current Party Chair. She was previously the Party's Chief Operating Officer.
The Michigan Democratic Party controls all four statewide offices and holds a minority of seats in the Michigan House of Representatives and Michigan Senate. Democrats hold both of Michigan's U.S. Senate seats, 7 of the state's 14 U.S. House seats, and majorities on the elected governing boards of the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University as well as a majority on the State Board of Education.
Members of Congress
Democrats comprise 9 of Michigan's 16-member Congressional delegation - including both US Senators and 7 member of the House of Representatives.
- Class I: Debbie Stabenow (Senior Senator, Chair of Senate Democratic Policy Committee, Ranking Member of Senate Agriculture Committee)
- Class II: Gary Peters (Junior Senator, Ranking Member of Senate Homeland Security Committee)
U.S. House of Representatives
Out of the 14 seats Michigan is apportioned in the U.S. House of Representatives, 7 are held by Democrats:
- MI-05: Dan Kildee
- MI-08: Elissa Slotkin
- MI-09: Andy Levin
- MI-11: Haley Stevens
- MI-12: Debbie Dingell
- MI-13: Rashida Tlaib
- MI-14: Brenda Lawrence
Democrats control all four of the elected statewide offices:
- Governor: Gretchen Whitmer
- Lieutenant Governor: Garlin Gilchrist
- Secretary of State: Jocelyn Benson
- Attorney General: Dana Nessel
- Gibbons, Lauren. "Lavora Barnes named Michigan Democratic Party chair". MLive.com. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2015-09-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Levin, Einhorn, Koby, Erin. "As the Michigan state school board shifts to Democratic control, meet the two new members". Chalkbeat. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
|This article about a United States political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|