Middletown High School (Ohio)
|Middletown High School|
601 North Breiel Boulevard
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Teaching staff||82.00 (FTE)|
|Average class size||320|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.70|
|Athletics conference||Greater Miami Conference|
|Rival||Hamilton High School|
The present location of the school was established in the fall of 1969, being moved from its original location at 1415 Girard Avenue.  The old high school was converted to Middletown Middle School for the remainder of its life until it was demolished in September 2018.
In 2016, a $96 million renovation project began on the high school, updating the building and arena, as well as adding a new middle school building adjacent to it. The new Wade E. Miller Arena was completed and opened in December 2017, and the rest of the building, as well as the new middle school, officially opened in August 2018.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Boys Basketball – 1944, 1946, 1947, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1957. The Middies' seven boys basketball state titles are tied with Villa Angela-St. Joseph for the second most Ohio state titles. Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary broke a three-way tie with their eighth championship in 2018.
- Boys Cross Country – 2004 
- Boys Track and Field – 2002 
- Todd Bell – Pro Bowl safety in the NFL during the 1980s
- Butch Carter – Former NBA player and head coach, and brother of NFL hall of famer Cris Carter
- Cris Carter – NFL Hall of Fame inductee and a member of the NFL 1990s All-Decade Team. NFL analyst, and brother of Butch Carter.
- Carling Coffing – 2002 State Champion in golf and 2003 individual runner up Ohio State Championship
- Jeff Cothran – (born June 28, 1971 in Middletown, Ohio) Former NFL fullback for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Vincent Edwards – NBA basketball player for the NBA G League Canton Charge of the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kayla Harrison – First woman to win a gold medal in Judo for USA(2012 London Olympics)
- Jerry Lucas – NBA Hall of Famer, NBA champion, Olympic gold medalist.
- Jalin Marshall – CFL & NFL Wide Receiver
- Clarence Page – Pulitzer Prize winner, journalist, syndicated columnist and member of the editorial board for the Chicago Tribune
- Kyle Schwarber – Current MLB outfielder for the Chicago Cubs
- Dave Swartzbaugh – Former MLB pitcher for the Chicago Cubs
- J. D. Vance – Author of the bestselling semi-autobiographical book, Hillbilly Elegy
- John M. Watson, Sr. – Musician, educator, film and stage actor
Notes and references
- "Middletown City School District - Departments". middletowncityschools.com. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- "Middletown High School - About Us". middletowncityschools.com. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- "Middletown High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- Michael D. Clark, Staff Writer. "Turning a historic page on old Middletown High School". journal-news. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Michael D. Clark, Staff Writer. "Old Middletown High School falls into rubble after time capsule opened". journal-news. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Michael D. Clark, Staff Writer. "1st look: See the radical make-over of Middletown High School". journal-news. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Basketball AAA". Archived from the original on 2007-01-13. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "2018 OHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament". ohsaa.org. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Todd Bell". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "LPGA Futures Tour 2011 Bio - Carling Coffing". Archived from the original on June 14, 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "Jerry R. Lucas". hoophall.com. Retrieved July 10, 2020.