Ministry of Economic Development (Russia)
|Министерство экономического развития Российской Федерации|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Russia|
|Headquarters||1,3 1-ya Tverskaya-Yamskaya, Moscow|
The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation (Russian: Министерство экономического развития Российской Федерации) is a federal ministry in the Russian Government. The ministry is responsible for regulating and forming policies related to socioeconomic and business development in Russia.
The Ministry has evolved in function and title over the years. In 1997, what was then known as the Ministry of Economy absorbed the Ministry of Defense, whose functions it carried solo until 1999, when the work of the Ministry of Defense was divided among five agencies.
In 2000, at which point the agency was reconstituted as the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Herman Gref was appointed to the role of minister, a title he held until 2007. Gref was succeeded by Elvira Nabiullina in September of that year, and Nabiullina continued in that role until May 2012. During her term, in 2008, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade transferred its responsibilities for developing policies around and overseeing regulation of trade to the new Ministry of Trade and Industry and was accordingly retitled the Ministry of Economic Development. On 21 May 2012, Andrey Belousov replaced Nabiullina as minister. Minister Yevgeny Yelin was appointed by President Vladimir Putin in November 2016. His predecessor, Alexey Ulyukaev, had been arrested by the FSB for bribery.
- "Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation". www.economy.gov.ru. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Executive Order on functions of Natural Resources Ministry and Economic Development Ministry" Archived 2014-09-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Winestock, Geoff (March 30, 1993). "Post is Filled". The Moscow Times. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Orttung, Robert W.; Lussier, Danielle N.; Paretskaya, Anna (1 January 2000). The Republics and Regions of the Russian Federation: A Guide to Politics, Policies, and Leaders. M.E. Sharpe. p. 545. ISBN 978-0-7656-0559-7.
- Sánchez-Andrés, Antonio (July 2004). "Arms Exports and Restructuring in the Russian Defence Industries". Europe-Asia Studies. 56 (5): 687–706. doi:10.1080/09668130410002351000. hdl:10550/41671. JSTOR 4147478.
- Cook, Linda J. (July 2, 2003). Postcommunist Welfare States: Reform Politics in Russia and Eastern Europe. Cornell University Press. p. 155. ISBN 978-0-8014-5823-1.
- Levitov, Maria (September 2007). "Putin Replaces Russian Economy Minister Gref With Nabiullina". Bloomberg.
- "Andrei Belousov appointed Economic Development Minister". Interfax. Moscow. 21 May 2012. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Khristenko, V. B.; Reus, A. G.; Zinchenko, A. P. (5 June 2014). Methodological School of Management. A&C Black. p. 445. ISBN 978-1-4729-1029-5.
- "Meeting with Alexei Ulyukayev". Retrieved 15 December 2017.