|LGA(s)||Rural City of Mildura|
Located in a wheat-growing area of the Mallee the locality was settled in the 1910s, the Post Office opening on 5 December 1916 and closing in 1979. The Kulwin railway line reached Mittyack in 1919 and was extended to Kulwin the following year. The line through Mittyack was closed in 2010.
Mittyack West State School (No. 4277) opened on 24 September 1926 and closed on 19 May 1939. The building was removed to Woornack.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- Sid Brown (March 1990). "Tracks Across the State". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society (Victorian Division). pp. 71–76.
- "Kulwin Line". 29 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- What Happened To All The Schools?. Local History Resource Centre. 1989. p. 33.
- "NASA - Total Solar Eclipse of 2038 Dec 26". eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
|This article about a location in the Mallee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|