Mount Anville Secondary School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mount Anville Secondary School is a Roman Catholic, voluntary all-girls post-primary school in Goatstown, a suburb of Dublin, in Ireland. It was originally an all-boarding school, but in recent years due to decreased demand for such schools it has become a day-school. It has approximately 659 students, and is attached to Mount Anville Montessori Junior School and Mount Anville Convent.
The school has its own chapel, featuring a stained-glass window by Irish artist Harry Clarke. The school also has sporting facilities, including a large sports-hall, three astro-turf playing pitches and tennis courts.
- Lisa Cannon, television presenter
- Caroline Casey, social entrepreneur
- Catherine Day, secretary general of the European Commission
- Alison Doody, actress.
- Sheila Humphreys, political activist
- Mary Irvine, first female President of the High Court of Ireland.
- Anna Kearney (Singer) Irish Representative in the Junior Eurovision 2019
- Emma Madigan, current Ambassador of Republic of Ireland to the Holy See
- Josepha Madigan, Irish politician, Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
- Kathleen MacMahon, journalist and novelist
- Sybil Mulcahy, journalist
- Samantha Power, 28th US Ambassador to the United Nations (attended Mount Anville Montessori)
- Mary Robinson, the 7th (and first female) President of Ireland, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (1997–2002)
- Veronica Ryan, founder of the first Irish Montesssori school.
- Jessica Whitwell, internal affairs minister
- O'Brien, Tim (October 19, 2013). "Famous Mount Anville alumni return to celebrate 160 years". The Irish Times.
- "Mount Anville hands over control". Irish Times. 2007-04-07. Archived from the original on 2007-09-01.
- "Mount Meriion". Irish Times. 2007-04-07. Archived from the original on 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-11-09.