Muhammad Ali vs. Jerry Quarry
Muhammad Ali and Jerry Quarry fought two boxing matches with each other. The first bout took place on October 26, 1970; and the second on June 27, 1972. Ali won both fights through technical knockouts .The first fight was stopped in the third round; and the second in the seventh round. The first Ali-Quarry fight is considered particularly notable because it was the first time Ali was fighting after his suspension from boxing.
- "Muhammad Ali's ring record". ESPN. 19 November 2003. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Thomas Hauser (1991). Muhammad Ali:His Life and Times. Simon & Schuster. pp. 210–12.
- Felix Dennis and Don Atyeo (2003). Muhammad Ali: The Glory Years. miramax books. pp. 166–70, 192.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- Joe Ryan (2003). Heavyweight Boxing in the 1970s:The Great Fighters and Rivalries. McFarland & Company. pp. 50–3.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "The night when Muhammad Ali and Atlanta shined". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "The night Muhammad Ali's legend was reborn – and the party that followed". The Guardian. 26 October 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Obituary: Jerry Quarry". The Independent. 4 January 1999. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
|This boxing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|