NK Zagora Unešić
|Full name||Nogometni klub Zagora Unešić|
|Nickname(s)||Crveni (The Reds)|
|League||Treća HNL South|
|2017–18||Treća HNL South, 12th|
Nogometni klub Zagora Unešić (English: Football Club Zagora Unešić), commonly referred to as NK Zagora Unešić or simply Zagora Unešić, is a Croatian football club based in Unešić. They currently play in the Croatian Third Football League.
The club has 400 members, in spite of being from a village of only 1500 people.
NK Zagora was founded in 1948.
One of the club's most significant moments came in its cup runs in 2007–08. Zagora won the 2007 County Cup, in which scorer Ivo Šupe was given a lamb for his efforts. The county cup qualified them for the national cup, where Zagora made a run to the quarterfinal. Šupe, a postman, would score twice in Zagora's 7–2 two-legged quarterfinal loss against Dinamo Zagreb. Šupe would clarify that Zagora "did not play for lambs."
- Croatian football league system
- 1. ŽNL (2): 2003–04, 2016–17
- County Cup (10): 1995–96, 1997–98, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- Pilić, Zdravko (30 November 2018). "SLAVE 70. ROĐENDAN Zagora je Unešiću ono što je Barcelona Kataloniji - više od kluba i više od nogometa: i Klasniću je drago čuti 'Oj, Zagoro, lijepa li si...'". Slobodna Dalmacija.
- Matijaš, Mirko (12 December 2018). "Čak je i Reuters izvještavao o okršaju 'seoskoga kluba koji igrače nagrađuje janjcima i prvaka države'". Slobodna Dalmacija.
- Pavić, Hrvoje (11 December 2008). "Ivica Šupe: Ne igramo i ne zabijamo za janjce". Večerni List.
|This article about a Croatian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|