National Register of Historic Places listings in Harrison County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Harrison County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Harrison County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 6 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Corydon Battle Site||July 9, 1979
|South of Corydon on State Road 135||Harrison Township||Site of Battle of Corydon|
|2||Corydon Historic District||August 28, 1973
|Corydon: roughly bounded by Summit, Maple, and Walnut Sts., College Ave., Chestnut, and Capitol, Poplar, Water, Beaver, and Mulberry Sts.||Corydon||Specific boundaries represent a boundary increase of June 27, 1989|
|3||Kintner House Hotel||January 12, 1987
|201 S. Capital||Corydon|
|4||Kintner-McGrain House||August 3, 1983
|740 N. Capital Ave.||Corydon|
|5||Kintner-Withers House||November 28, 1980
|South of Laconia on Kintner Bottoms Rd.||Boone Township|
|6||Swan's Landing Archeological Site (12HR304)||April 2, 1987
|Mile 658 on the Ohio River, north of New Amsterdam at the end of Lickford Bridge Rd.||Washington Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Harrison County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Harrison County
- List of attractions and events in the Louisville metropolitan area
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 14, 2020.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from Smith, Edward E., Jr. "The Swan's Landing Site (12Hr304): An Early Archaic (Kirk Horizon) Site in Harrison County, South-Central Indiana". Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology 20.2 (1995): 192-238, 216. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".