National Register of Historic Places listings in Johnson County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Johnson County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Johnson County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church||December 15, 2015
|499 W. Madison St.||Franklin|
|2||Edinburgh Commercial Historic District||June 28, 1991
|Roughly bounded by Thompson and Main Sts., the alley north of Main Cross St., and the former Conrail railroad tracks||Edinburgh|
|3||Franklin College Library (Shirk Hall)||October 29, 1975
|600 E. Monroe St.||Franklin|
|4||Franklin College-Old Main||October 29, 1975
|600 E. Monroe St.||Franklin|
|5||Franklin Commercial Historic District||July 13, 1989
|Roughly E. and W. Court St. and Jefferson, Monroe, and Main||Franklin|
|6||Franklin Senior High School||December 17, 2012
|550 E. Jefferson St.||Franklin|
|7||Furnas Mill Bridge||September 16, 2001
|Pisgah Rd. over Sugar Creek-Atterbury Fish and Wildlife Area, northwest of Edinburgh||Blue River Township|
|8||Greenlawn Cemetery||June 25, 2013
|100 W. South St.||Franklin|
|9||Greenwood Commercial Historic District||June 14, 1991
|172-332 W. Main St. and 147-211 S. Madison Ave.||Greenwood|
|10||Greenwood Residential Historic District||June 12, 2017
|Roughly bounded by Meridian, McKinley, Perry, and Main Sts., and Euclid and Longdon Aves.||Greenwood|
|11||Heck-Hasler House||March 15, 2000
|6612 N. 575E, northeast of Franklin||Clark Township|
|12||Herriott House||July 15, 1982
|696 N. Main St.||Franklin|
|13||Hopewell Presbyterian Church||June 15, 2000
|548 W. 100N, west of Franklin||Franklin Township|
|14||Johnson County Courthouse Square||April 16, 1981
|15||Martin Place Historic District||June 12, 1987
|Northern and southern sides of Martin Pl. between Graham Ave. and Water St., and 500, 498, and 450 N. Main St.||Franklin|
|16||Masonic Temple||December 27, 1991
|135 N. Main St.||Franklin|
|17||South Walnut Street Historic District||March 21, 2011
|Roughly both sides of S. Walnut St. from Thompson St. south to 507 and 514 S. Walnut, plus the 100 block of W. Campbell||Edinburgh|
|18||Toner Historic District||March 21, 2011
|E. Main Cross from the CSX tracks to White Oak Ln.||Edinburgh|
|19||Van Nuys Farm||February 12, 1987
|State Road 144, northwest of Hopewell||Franklin Township|
|20||August Zeppenfeld House||December 30, 1987
|300 W. Jefferson St.||Franklin|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Johnson County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Johnson County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 14, 2020.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.