National Register of Historic Places listings in Kern County, California
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Kern County, California.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Kern County, California, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 25 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bakersfield Californian Building||March 10, 1983
|1707 Eye St.||Bakersfield|
|2||Bandit Rock||October 31, 1975
|Southwest of Inyokern near the junction of CA 14 and CA 178||Inyokern|
|3||Burro Schmidt's Tunnel||March 20, 2003
|4||Errea House||July 29, 1997
|311 S. Green St.||Tehachapi|
|5||First Baptist Church||January 2, 1979
|1200 Truxtun Ave.||Bakersfield|
|6||Fort Tejon||May 6, 1971
|3 mi. NW of Lebec||Lebec|
|7||The Fort||July 22, 1981
|Ash and Lincoln Sts.||Taft|
|8||The Forty Acres||October 6, 2008
|30168 Garces Highway||Delano|
|9||Green Hotel||March 16, 1989
|530 James St.||Shafter|
|10||Courtlandt Gross House||March 22, 1987
|18600 Courtlandt Ct.||Tehachapi|
|11||Jastro Building||September 22, 1983
|1800 19th St.||Bakersfield|
|12||Kern Branch, Beale Memorial Library||April 1, 1981
|1400 Baker St.||Bakersfield|
|13||Last Chance Canyon||December 5, 1972
|14||Long Canyon Village Site||April 14, 1980
|Address Restricted||South Lake|
|15||National Farm Workers Association Headquarters||October 13, 2015
|102 Albany St.||Delano|
|16||Nuestra Senora Reina de la Paz||August 30, 2011
|29700 Woodford-Tehachapi Rd.||Keene||designated a National Historic Landmark October 8, 2012|
|17||Ridge Route||September 25, 1997
|Along Old Ridge Rte., roughly bounded by Sandberg and Canton Canyon (also extends into Los Angeles County)||Castaic|
|18||Rogers Dry Lake||October 3, 1985
|Edwards Air Force Base||Mojave Desert|
|19||Santa Fe Passenger and Freight Depot||January 19, 1982
|150 Central Valley Hwy.||Shafter|
|20||Shafter Research Station||October 17, 1997
|17053 Shafter Ave.||Shafter|
|21||Tehachapi Railroad Depot||October 20, 1999
|101 W. Tehachapi Blvd.||Tehachapi||Burned down in 2008, currently being rebuilt to the original design specifications (with minor code-required alterations)|
|22||Tevis Block||March 29, 1984
|1712 19th St.||Bakersfield|
|23||Walker Pass||October 15, 1966
|60 mi. NE of Bakersfield on CA 178||Bakersfield|
|24||Wasco Union High School Auditorium||September 30, 1997
|1900 Seventh St.||Wasco|
|25||Weedpatch Camp||January 22, 1996
|8305 Sunset Blvd.||Bakersfield|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Kern County, California.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Kern County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 20, 2020.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Geocode coords from United States Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) database
- "Weekly list of actions taken on properties: 10/09/12 through 10/12/12". National Park Service. October 19, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2012.